GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Stuck Gear Issue

Golf1979

Hi all,

First time poster here. I've just bought a Mk8 (Etsi DSG) and I've noticed an issue- its happened twice in two different trips now but not every time:

When ive come off a junction and im accelerating the gears seem to stick in first (revs high). The first time after a few seconds it corrected itself and seemed to move up into 2nd, the second time I didnt wait and used the paddle to manually move it up.

Is this something im doing wrong or something to do with ACC? or does this sound like a major problem and a trip to the dealer?

Thanks

Shortly

Hi all,

First time poster here. I've just bought a Mk8 (Etsi DSG) and I've noticed an issue- its happened twice in two different trips now but not every time:

When ive come off a junction and im accelerating the gears seem to stick in first (revs high). The first time after a few seconds it corrected itself and seemed to move up into 2nd, the second time I didnt wait and used the paddle to manually move it up.

Is this something im doing wrong or something to do with ACC? or does this sound like a major problem and a trip to the dealer?

Thanks
I'd take it in if I were you!
Depends on the position of a gas pedal 🙄, yeah!

Golf1979

I'd take it in if I were you!
Depends on the position of a gas pedal 🙄, yeah!

Rang the dealer and he thought I was maybe accidentally pushing/pulling a paddle causing it to go into manual mode. Not sure id have done that but it would make sense I suppose as its happened twice after ive turned the steering wheel. Will see if it does it again and try and see if ive done that