GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dyno Chat

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
Because there arent any dealers for apr, revo.... and other tuning brands..

and i dont know, but i think i cant order a "remap" through the internet...

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
GTI 2.0T said:
Because there arent any dealers for apr, revo.... and other tuning brands..

and i dont know, but i think i cant order a "remap" through the internet...

You could always mail your ECU to APR. You wouldn't be able to drive your GTI for a while, but once you did I'm pretty sure it would have been worth the wait.

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
yeah i think it will be worth the wait:thumbsup: ...

but i think that the program has to be altered to suit our fuel/weather.....or what?

GTT

Touring Car Champion
LonestarMKV said:
(sorry for the typo in the title I am a newb I know)I was wandering around http://www.stratmosphere.com and came across this dyno chart of MkV GTI with full milltek exhaust and chipped putting of a little over 270 bhp and am I reading this right over 400 torque!!!????? :eek:

View attachment 1489

It's showing 199hp to the wheels.
Corrected engine power is shown to be about 268hp.
Hmmm? 268 minus the typical 15% would be 228hp.
If the corrected engine hp is correct and the wheel hp is correct, then there is at least a
25% loss in there from engine to wheel.
This isn't so impressive considering a recent stock GLI showed wheel hp at around 200hp.

The torque figure must be engine torque as well.
So, it's 300lb ft. of engine torque, but if we use the 25% loss then wheel torque would be around 225lb ft., which about where the recent GLI registered stock.

Perhaps the US/Cananda GTI/GLI 2.0T engines are tuned higher than the Euro models.
:iono:

Those mods and dyno aren't so impressive.

T

earthtoandy

Touring Car Champion
can you completely trust numbers from a company trying to sell you something?

I have seen stock dynos myself that show 200 hp at the wheels and 225 ft-lbs of torque

GTT

Touring Car Champion
GTI2007 said:
Why don't you compare it with the dyno graph of the unmodded GTI

This gives the standard GTI only a wheel power of 141.6 BHP and 308.5 Nm (228 lbs-ft)

Because the post didn't list that one. :biggrin:

However, it shows 228lb ft. of STOCK torque. That's quite impressive.
And, the torque increase looks still even less impressive.

Also, I haven't put the two charts together, but how was the power curve affected?
Did torque move up on rpm or move down?

The whole claim seems odd to me. The stock engine of that GTI either has lack luster hp or the driveline loss is EXTREME. Corrected crank hp is about 203hp. To get to 142hp, there would have to be a 30% loss. If that's true, then how is this engine putting out 228lb ft. of torque to the wheels? Stock torque would be around 325lb ft. at the crank! :eek:
Quite underrated.

Odd indeed and very suspect.

T

Slowride

Touring Car Newbie
earthtoandy said:
well its a Mustang ;)

the real key here is the stock dynos that show the GTI having 200 HP at the wheels! and 225 Ft-lbs of torque thats quite a bit above advertised. Pretty hot

I wonder if this is true across all GTI's? If this is the case, I would expect faster 0-60 times when the cars are tested if they are actually putting down this kind of power...unless I am missing something here.

earthtoandy

Touring Car Champion
Well I think with a good driver, 7.1 is a bit of a slow number and I bet someone can do it faster. Anyone have stats on this?

Also its a very heavy car.

GTT

Touring Car Champion
Slowride said:
I wonder if this is true across all GTI's? If this is the case, I would expect faster 0-60 times when the cars are tested if they are actually putting down this kind of power...unless I am missing something here.

I'm with you.
I don't think that power is across the board. It seems there have been some wide performance numbers listed for GTI's across the Euro and US market.
The fastest I've seen with DSG was 6.0 and the slowest was 7.2 wth a 6spd.
Most have fallen in between in the 6.2-6.7 range.
The US GTI's have posted some excellent numbers making me wonder if the tuning of the 2.0T has had a slight nudge
for the US market. The first GLI's and GTI's tested were in the low 7's and upper 6's, and they've been getting quicker
with subsequent testing.
Turbo engines are very reliant on fuel and atmospheric conditions.
Given high octane and cold air they can feel as if they've picked up 30-50hp.

With 200 wheel hp and 225lb ft. of wheel torque in a FWD car 6.0 to 60 should be easily done if not a bit quicker even with a manual 6 spd.
One other thing I've noticed about the GTI is it's odd 6 spd. gearing.
Even though it moves out quickly to 60 and the 1/4, the gearing is a let down as the car approaches 90mph where the Civic, Focus ST, and Mini S JWC start to own it.
5th is an overdrive gear even though there is a 6th gear that is overdrive as well.

T

LonestarMKV

Drag Racing Champion
I guess bottom line lets get these thing Dynoed ourselves and not listen to the people trying to sell stuff too us. lol

LonestarMKV

Drag Racing Champion
Hey GTT is this more of what we would be looking at in our cars???

That and is there any difference from a mustang dyno and a regular dyno??

jetta5_chip_vs_exh.jpg

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
LonestarMKV said:
I guess bottom line lets get these thing Dynoed ourselves and not listen to the people trying to sell stuff too us. lol

A'men brotha :smoking: