GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

E-ZPass/I-PASS Sticker Tag

MADPWR

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
In case this helps anyone out... I applied the E-ZPass sticker to the backside of my rear view mirror, and it works just fine.

I took a large black Sharpie marker and blacked out the sticker while it was still on the card it arrived on (*Make sure you write down the serial number and register your tag before you do this*). There are grooves in it, so I was sure to get the point of the Sharpie into the grooves and around the edges of the sticker to completely black it out. I let it sit for an hour or so to make sure it was fully dry before I went to stick it to the back of my rear view mirror. I don't even know it is there, unless I stare at it through the windshield.

I used to have the transponder attached to the back of my rear view mirror in one of those black rubber-type of cases. That hid it very well from sight, and it worked great. I upgraded my mirror to the Homelink one. The light sensor for the dimming function is on the opposite side from the stock mirror, so I could only get the sticker to fit without covering the sensor.

Hopefully, this information is useful to you guys.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
I painted mine black and stuck it up in the tint area. No issues so far.

IMG_8886.jpeg

IMG_9503.jpeg

MADPWR

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I was referring the new stickers. Which are literally just a sticker. You have a transponder. Here is what I am referring to:
1711044317400.png

Also, I had my prior transponder, and now this sticker attached to the backside of my rear view mirror. It is physically attached to the mirror, not the windshield. It's 100% not visible by the driver. So, if you are looking for a solution that you can't see and/or is not visible from the outside, then the solution I use will.

I'll try to post some actual photos of my setup, when I get the chance.