GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

E85 Mixed with Pump Gas on Flash Tunes

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I have tried to find information of guys doing this and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information out there on this concept.

How many of you are running say a 93 OCT file (APR, Euro, Etc.) and are splashing a couple gallons of E85 in with your 93? I know there is a huge e20 following here, but is there anyone doing this WITHOUT changing their tune to a race gas map?

What have you guys found to be the best ratio for running E85 with 93 octane on a Stage 1+ or 2 93 oct file?

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Mixing E85 will raise the gas octane rating a small amount, its perfectly fine for an OTS tune as long as you only add 1-2 gallons to the tank.

You will not gain much (if any) performance from this however you could see reduction in cylinder corrections (due to the higher octane rating) which could lead to a cleaner timing curve during driving.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Does anyone splash a couple gallons in with Apr 93 Oct tunes? I feel like it is a little throatier but could be psyche. I've noticed less deviance in timing retardation

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Does anyone splash a couple gallons in with Apr 93 Oct tunes? I feel like it is a little throatier but could be psyche. I've noticed less deviance in timing retardation
You can use it whenever you want. It will clean up bad gas, or help your current tune with timing and keeping the engine cool. I use it on my 93 tune when it's really hot, because my iat can get up in temp and cause corrections.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Prepare to see your mpg drop like a stone

Hans

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R
I run 2 gallons e85 + 93 octane on Unitronic IS38, picked up 5-6 degrees of timing.
How did you determine how much timing and you picked up? VCDS or obdeleven? Thanks

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
I occasionally will mix 3 gal E85 with 91. Performance is noticable for sure and knock/timing are all better. I typically drop 5mpg when running the mixture.

JOKERGTI18

Car(s)
2018 Volkswagen GTI
I added a gallon of E85 to my Stage 2 GTI to try to get rid of knock which it did, but it seems to be sputtering when i start to accelerate on the freeway. does anyone know what could be causing this?