GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

:: ECS Tuning :: Ignition Service Kits - Wide Selection !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wake2010

Passed Driver's Ed
Which coil (red R8's vs. OEM rev F) and plug (Bosch dbl plat vs. NGK Iridium) configuration is suited for a 2.0T, Stage 1 tune only, no other engine mods?

Are the red R'8 coils really compatible with our ignition system or are they overkill? Id like to see some data or spec's that would support anyone's response beside "they look kool under my engine cover when im bored and starring at engine in the gayrage".

Im at 42k miles and no isuues with stock orig setup and tuned since 15k. Just looking to tune up ignition if you will around 45k-50k.

Last edited:

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
Which coil (red R8's vs. OEM rev F) and plug (Bosch dbl plat vs. NGK Iridium) configuration is suited for a 2.0T, Stage 1 tune only, no other engine mods?

Are the red R'8 coils really compatible with our ignition system or are they overkill? Id like to see some data or spec's that would support anyone's response beside "they look kool under my engine cover when im bored and starring at engine in the gayrage".

Im at 42k miles and no isuues with stock orig setup and tuned since 15k. Just looking to tune up ignition if you will around 45k-50k.

As pricing can vary with each kit, our top seller is still the OE red tops hands down! Iridium and platinum plugs will last longer and we have seen the best results with them so we made are kits accordingly. With that mileage and your new modification (Software) I would recommend doing this service sooner than later.

Comes down to personal preference - We just like to have more options and kits for everyone to choose from.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.