GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ending lease early?

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
And don't extrapolate one oversight into continuous oversights, that's not the case and not the point.

there have been oversights in just about every post you made in this thread, there is no extrapolation needed.

But bottom line it is the point since the entire point is that people don't read their leases, so pointing out inability to even read what is in a thread now is certainly valid.

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
Just for reiteration...

Just to reitterate what? blanket statements that have nothing to do with an actual lease contract.. doesn't help your point.

Honest question Chris, when was the last time you looked at a lease contract?
Im not trying to be a jerk but maybe the way leases work have changed over the years since you last learned about them...

Couple years ago when we leased our company jetta, I was in charge of it since the Board member who was signing for it was out of the country at our UK facility. Well within the time frame of the same leases being discussed in this thread and the examples in the one I linked to.

C4L

Banned
Which is a loan.. but then you disagree with that..

I am not going to argue semantics/definitions with you. A loan is a contract and there is no contract involved in this case. It is simply the buyer paying VW on your behalf. Like if my dad paid off my lease or something. No loan or contract. Just payment being made on my behalf to satisfy my contractual agreement.

I've just provided you links to people who have verified that there are things that do in fact prohibit this.

You don't own the car, you basically have no rights other then protecting you from getting ripped off.

They don't prohibit someone giving me money to payoff my contractual lease agreed amount.
Paying off the note (regardless of the source of the proceeds) buys me all the rights...

C4L

Banned
there have been oversights in just about every post you made in this thread, there is no extrapolation needed.

But bottom line it is the point since the entire point is that people don't read their leases, so pointing out inability to even read what is in a thread now is certainly valid.

I never argued what was written in the lease. I did argue what was done in actuality though.:thumbsup:

GTIwannagofast

Ready to race!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

C4L

Banned
Just to reitterate what? blanket statements that have nothing to do with an actual lease contract.. doesn't help your point.

Couple years ago when we leased our company jetta, I was in charge of it since the Board member who was signing for it was out of the country at our UK facility. Well within the time frame of the same leases being discussed in this thread and the examples in the one I linked to.

It was a statement made by a car salesman...

And I was just making sure because I know leases have changed over the years.

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
I never argued what was written in the lease. I did argue what was done in actuality though.:thumbsup:

You absolutely did in fact argue what was written in the least probably close to a dozen times when you repeatedly state that the lease company had no right to get fair market value for the car if sold to a third party.

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
It was a statement made by a car salesman...

How does that make the statement more credible? Majority of the time they are not in anyway involved in the finance deal being discussed nor does it mean that the methods used to make those dealers are actually done in accordance to the contact between the leasee and the leasing company. Their job is to get a car sold and it is not their job to take care of the lease trade in paperwork and related legal matters.

C4L

Banned
You absolutely did in fact argue what was written in the least probably close to a dozen times when you repeatedly state that the lease company had no right to get fair market value for the car if sold to a third party.

I never said the lease company has no right to fair market value.

I DID say, ver batim, that the amount owed is the amount explicitly listed in the agreed upon contract as specified by the pre-determined residual value plus any remaining payments on the lease.

Now, I am asking for honest clarity from you here as you are not nearly as articulate as me.

Which do you think the lease contract states, ver batim (or close to);

"The leasor has the right to the fair market value of the car if sold to a third party within X months of lease-end"

OR

"The leasee is obligated to pay the leasor the fair market value of the car if sold to a third party within X months of lease-end"

I am not going to explain the legal differences in the statements until AFTER you respond.

C4L

Banned
How does that make the statement more credible? Majority of the time they are not in anyway involved in the finance deal being discussed nor does it mean that the methods used to make those dealers are actually done in accordance to the contact between the leasee and the leasing company. Their job is to get a car sold and it is not their job to take care of the lease trade in paperwork and related legal matters.

I work as an analyst in equity funds. Does that mean I know nothing of bond funds?? Or any other investment for that matter??

An engineer might be a part of the process in the creation of the automatic transmission for a company. Does that mean he knows nothing about the manuals or CVT's or DCT's his company makes too??

He works most closely to it of the 3 of us. I have personally engaged in the transactions being discussed. You have likely (from your argument) never leased a car...

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Will you both pick up the phone and talk it out instead of ruining yet another thread. This is growing tired.

To the OP, apologies on behalf of the forum.

scottie46

Ready to race!
I MADE THIS THREAD BEFORE I WENT TO SLEEP LAST NIGHT. I CHECK IT AND THERE ARE 5 PAGES??? I READ THE 1ST POST ON THE FIRST PAGE. AND IM STILL DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.

DougDome

Go Kart Champion
I MADE THIS THREAD BEFORE I WENT TO SLEEP LAST NIGHT. I CHECK IT AND THERE ARE 5 PAGES??? I READ THE 1ST POST ON THE FIRST PAGE. AND IM STILL DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.

Also, if I remember correctly, idk why you are even asking because you have a 2 year lease that your parents are paying for anyway. I'm sure daddy will figure it out for you.