GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Entry/Exit

LunasDad

I currently drive a Toyota GR 86. My automotive needs have changed and I need to replace it. I’m still interested in a small car that’s fun to drive. I occasionally have to transport my father who is 87 and has some mobility problems. Is the Golf too low for him to get into and out of easily? There aren’t any on local dealer’s lots. Thanks for your replies.

CH47AV8R

There aren't any Golfs of the last 10 model years on lots? The ergonomics haven't changed radically in at least that time.

LunasDad

Apparently, I didn’t look closely the first time. There is 1 not too far. I was also interested in what current owners thought, people who have lived with the car.
Thanks

tos

Go Kart Newbie
Style models have ErgoActive driver seat, which moves couple centimeters away when turn car off...

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
My wife has joint/hip problems and had no problems getting in and out of a Golf GTE (which afaik is the only "hot"/lukewarm Golf that isn't lowered). GTI and GTD models are a bit lower, the normal Golfs and GTEs are within reason. If your dad gets in and out of a GR86, he'll get in and out of a Golf no problem - of course, you should still check.

Ghawk

Ready to race!
The Golf is an upright car and the tumblehome, lateral distance in to the seating position, is not very wide. I am 82 and 6’4” with no disabilities. My issue is the B post. For me most of the seat is behind it. Requires me to rotate my body around the post to get in the driver’s seat Of my GTI and GLI. Actually this is an issue with many cars. Two door cars are much better. I had a two door Mk6 GTI that was way better to enter. Unfortunately there are almost no two door cars available these days.

LunasDad

Thanks for your input. He’ll only be a passenger in the car. I basically get his wheelchair as close to the car as possible. He basically just stands, turns, and sits. It should be ok. And he won’t be in it more than once or twice a week.