GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

KCchiefin

Ready to race!
Woooo!!!

abbas16

Passed Driver's Ed
Total noob question.

Have the vortex xl and been tuned with Ed. He's advised me that with a bosch 4 bar PUT sensor and aem 5 bar MAP sensor would help get some more power out of the engine.

Google has not helped me at all, but can anyone help me find these online as to get some part numbers?

And are the sensors plug and play or are harness' needed?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Total noob question.

Have the vortex xl and been tuned with Ed. He's advised me that with a bosch 4 bar PUT sensor and aem 5 bar MAP sensor would help get some more power out of the engine.

Google has not helped me at all, but can anyone help me find these online as to get some part numbers?

And are the sensors plug and play or are harness' needed?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

The AEM sensor will require a harness (forum member 2slowvw makes them) and also a boost tap; APR preferred because it's one of the better designed boost tap.

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/AEM-...EOns10Nv77MfM0lurYXlBva9zDOfsjGAaAoPTEALw_wcB

The Bosch 4 bar, iirc I got mine from Darkside Developments.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
DarksideDevelopments is good people with good (especially diesel) parts catalog. Sensor will arrive quick.

abbas16

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you all for that info :)

Ed said we will be putting a kit together so I'll just wait for that and then retune with him.

Our winter is nearly 2 months away, next spring when she comes out of storage I'll grab eds kit then

Thanks again everyone

abbas16

Passed Driver's Ed
Today I let my gas run really low and I noticed on idle it was a bit rougher, and when I depressed the clutch the engine would feel like it's going to stall. Like a small dip in rpm and then back to normal.

This is the lowest I've been on gas since tuned (filling up right after work). But is this normal? And is low gas something I shouldn't do due to the tuned state of my car?

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Today I let my gas run really low and I noticed on idle it was a bit rougher, and when I depressed the clutch the engine would feel like it's going to stall. Like a small dip in rpm and then back to normal.

This is the lowest I've been on gas since tuned (filling up right after work). But is this normal? And is low gas something I shouldn't do due to the tuned state of my car?

Shouldn’t run low on gas regardless of tune. Fuel cools the fuel pump. Run it low all the time and you risk the pump dying early.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R

Don’t drive hard under a 1/4 tank. And in general, not a good idea to run supper low.

abbas16

Passed Driver's Ed
Shouldn’t run low on gas regardless of tune. Fuel cools the fuel pump. Run it low all the time and you risk the pump dying early.
Don’t drive hard under a 1/4 tank. And in general, not a good idea to run supper low.
Lesson learned. I won't let the tank go below a quarter from now on. Didn't know it was that bad of a thing to do.

abbas16

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Ed
Would you happen to know if/when Cobb's will support Flex fuel for our platform?

The reason I ask is e85 is not available at our gas stations, but I can buy a drum full for myself and just keep it and use it as I need it. But I'd like the seamless flexibility especially when e85 is not available here.

Looking to do MPI/hpfp/bar and put sensors, but would like to make it future proof if flex fuel is likely to become an option for us.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Hey Ed
Would you happen to know if/when Cobb's will support Flex fuel for our platform?

The reason I ask is e85 is not available at our gas stations, but I can buy a drum full for myself and just keep it and use it as I need it. But I'd like the seamless flexibility especially when e85 is not available here.

Looking to do MPI/hpfp/bar and put sensors, but would like to make it future proof if flex fuel is likely to become an option for us.

It’s a work in progress from that last bit of information I got from Cobb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abbas16

Passed Driver's Ed
It’s a work in progress from that last bit of information I got from Cobb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amazing! Just the info I wanted to hear :)
Canadian winters will keep my car stored until March/April so hopefully by then news will be out and then I'll go full e85 MPI and get Ed to work his magic at that point [emoji6]

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
in general, not a good idea to run supper low.

I like sushi, but too much too often could lead to parasites. Never eat sushi on Mondays.

The reason I ask is e85 is not available at our gas stations, but I can buy a drum full for myself

Abbas, not sure where you're at, but if you are in the ethanol free zone known as Ontario I have found a Toronto area source of corn syrup. https://www.n54tuning.com/e85-fuel-15g-or-30g-drums-gta-area-only-free-delivery.html

$1.80 a L ain't terrible. It's no 2 US bucks a gallon, but beggars choosers and ethanol deprived hosers and all that.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Last edited: