Boje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

SmoothCat565

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW MKVII GTI
I’m on simulated stock, stage0 v201. Trying to get my monitors ready so I cleared them and have driven for 250 miles. Evaporative system and secondary air are Not Ready. Any advice for how to get these specific monitors back to Ready so I can pass the car? I’ve tried everything I know (cold start to idling to easy accel/decel to idling within 30-70% tank fill). Many cold starts now. It only took two cold starts and 40 miles last year to achieve all ready, same time of year, it that was the true stock tune, not simulated stock stage 0.

Actually now I’m wondering if the simulated stock (stage0) tune has these two monitors permanently set to Not Ready. If that’s true, simulated stock would only work to pass inspection in states that allow two or more Not Ready’s. Mine only allows up to one. Can someone confirm if stage0 permanently sets these two specific monitors to Not Ready?

Last edited:

SmoothCat565

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW MKVII GTI
I gave up on trying to achieve monitor readiness with stage0 after hundreds of miles of driving and several startups. So then I went to true stock VW files instead of stage 0. I was able to get all Ready’s within 50 miles and a few startups. Car passed. I’m flashing back to stage 2 EQT as I type this.

No reason to believe that stage0 would’ve never achieved the same thing (could’ve just been getting lucky with stock VW data), but I’ll personally avoid it in the future.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I gave up on trying to achieve monitor readiness with stage0 after hundreds of miles of driving and several startups. So then I went to true stock VW files instead of stage 0. I was able to get all Ready’s within 50 miles and a few startups. Car passed. I’m flashing back to stage 2 EQT as I type this.

No reason to believe that stage0 would’ve never achieved the same thing (could’ve just been getting lucky with stock VW data), but I’ll personally avoid it in the future.
I find this interesting. I had a custom tuned Vortex XL on pump and passed with readiness with zero issues.

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Good to hear you passed. Where'd you get the stock file from?