GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Tuned

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I have HPFP on is38 pump gas/e30 tunes.... Different tunes have resulted in different fuel rail pressure behavior.

Stock/eurodyno it goes crazy/spikey past 5500rpm
EQT Ecutek it was just like the logs posted above. 2900psi until close to redline then it got a little spikey but not terrible.
EQT Cobb it runs like 3100-3200 thru whole rev range and it's not totally rock solid at a particular pressure, but it doesn't have big spikes and is otherwise "smooth" if that makes sense.

Has to be something about the way the various hpfp tables are configured, but I don't have the software so who knows. You also have the Mk7.5 so is that the different/newer ECU? It might have slightly different hpfp tables available vs the MK7 stuff. Either way I think you're just fine.

I see lots of EQT IS38 E30 logs posted that are near fueling limits in the mid range, even dropping a little fuel pressure. Hopefully they won't run into issues come winter time, but I don't like living so close to the edge with fueling.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
Just installed my eqt stage 2 on stock plugs and the car is performing great. I received a check engine light for the 02 I had to unplug the 02 sensor on the downstream.
Fmic
Dp

Last edited:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Just installed my eqt stage 2 on stock plugs and the car is performing great. I received a check engine light for the 02 I had to unplug the 02 sensor on the downstream.
Fmic
Dp

bro is that what you do? i am waiting for my final EQT map, but on cobb i also got the O2 code about cat efficiency. You unplug the rear most O2 sensor? (which is only for emissions). though i doubt you would pass yearly checks with it disconnected.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Fmic
Dp
bro is that what you do? i am waiting for my final EQT map, but on cobb i also got the O2 code about cat efficiency. You unplug the rear most O2 sensor? (which is only for emissions). though i doubt you would pass yearly checks with it disconnected.

Sounds like you unplug it to work with the EQT tune and when inspection time comes around, plug it back in and run the stock tune.

Navi

Autocross Champion
hmm.. but a stock tune while running a downpipe will throw a CEL anyway.. maybe not immediately tho.

not necessarily Jenner. If you have a quality downpipe it will run fine on stock tune with no CEL. HJS cat. You don't even need a spacer.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Fmic
Dp
I had this...emailed Ed...he said just unplug it. Normal

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
If you get a P0420 cat efficiency code -- unplug the sensor. Otherwise the car will run about 0.3 AFR rich at low load and WOT alike. Some sort of ecu logic to add fuel when it thinks the cat is going out.

If you have a fancy aftermarket cat that does not set P0420 -- no need to unplug it, in fact I would keep it plugged in to keep it heated etc., and it would actually be good info to know it is starting to deteriorate or whatever down the road.

Stage 2 tunes don't disable any emissions monitors or DTCs, so flashing back to stock tune to pass emissions does nothing. You will have P0420 and not pass the emissions readiness test. You will have to use a spacer or similar to 'trick' it.