GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ERROR code U154100 .... what is ?

tinto101

hi to all .....

after scan i read code U154100 Ethernet databus missing - in the MODULE 8107 antenna control

what is this error ?

what is this module antenna control and where is located in the car ?

an EXPERT can help me ? thanks

PanEuropean

Ready to race!
Hello Tinto:

Please let us all know what kind of vehicle you have (year, model, trim level) and what country the vehicle was originally delivered to.

Also let us know what problem(s) you are experiencing as a result of this error code.

Michael

tinto101

Hello Tinto:

Please let us all know what kind of vehicle you have (year, model, trim level) and what country the vehicle was originally delivered to.

Also let us know what problem(s) you are experiencing as a result of this error code.

Michael

thnaks Michael an GOLF 8 "style" 1,5 TSI MY 22 in Italy....

possibile this error caused the "change" of the profile in maximum privacy ? and log out of my USER mode ? thanks

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Here you go Tinto101:

TPI 2058048/xx: PDI/maintenance: event entries in various control units:

The following entries are logged in the aerial module control unit (diagnosis address 8107):

• U14FE00 – safe onboard communication, signature check failed ‒ Symptom 1375744
• B18B0F0 – VKMS, missing adaptation ‒ Symptom 1618160
• U112100 – data bus, missing message ‒ Symptom 80 or Symptom 81
• U154100 – Ethernet data bus, missing message from information electronics ‒ Symptom 83
• U155100 – data bus, received error value ‒ Symptom 12645376
• U153F00 – data transmission of Car2X certification update failed ‒ Symptom 96

Solution:
The event entries logged in the control units can be ignored/deleted. The respective event entries in the control units have no effect on functions or other electric systems of the vehicle. There is also no restricted functions/customer complaints.

tinto101

grazie Massimo ! ma potrebbe essere quel ERRORE la causa che per giorni continuava a mettermi auto DA SOLA la privacy al massimo ,

e non mi riconosceva come UTENTE Principale (mappamondo grigio ) ..... che dici ?

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
thanks Massimo! but that ERROR could be the cause that I have had for days were the privacy setting would automatically be set to maximum,
and it doesn't recognize me as the main user (grey globe)

So these events do not cause the privacy issues that you have. That would be more of a software/server issue with the infotainment/Ocu. Take out the fuse for the OCU for 5 minutes to let the internal battery deplete and see if that works. You have already tried resetting the infotainment which did not resolve the problem.

Last edited:

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Fuses.jpg
The OCU fuse is the 7.5A brown fuse at Position 19:

Last edited:

PanEuropean

Ready to race!
Hi Massimo:

That's a great picture, thanks for sharing it with all of us.

What does the abbreviation 'OCU' stand for?

Michael

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Hi Micheal fixed that. The OCU is the online connectivity unit that manages the communication between the car and VW via the internal eSim. It is a small box installed behind the AID display and is in charge of wireless communications in GSM, WCDMA and LTE network. It provides voice and data call functions and various online services requested by VW.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
So the OCU is the telematic unit with address 75.
The Infotainment control unit (Information Electronics) is behind the glovebox further up with the address 5F. The OCU and Infotainment unit are 2 different control units.
While the BCM or Body Control Module is the Central Electrics Module with address 09.
The BCM makes use of the vehicle’s bus system (CAN, LIN, etc.) to communicate with different ECUs in the vehicle.
This module can be considered to be the brain controlling different body parts (different ECUs) by sending and receiving signals through the nerves (vehicle BUS).
A BCM unit, which is also an ECU, acts as a gateway or hub in order to interact with different ECUs. This mitigates the need for cabled plug-in connection between ECUs within the vehicle.
A BCM can control, for example, headlights, turn indicators, ambient lightning, windshield washer system, power windows, power mirrors, air condiioning, rear lighting system, the rear window wiper, central locking, door locks, horn, theft alarm, sunroof, immobilizer system,etc.

Last edited:

I-A

Massimo strikes again - fountain of knowledge!

I believe the part number is 5WA 035 284 A or 5WA 035 284 C.

Any way to check if this has been superceded? @Massimo 2323

Last edited:

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
So for the European Market the part number 5WA035284A/5WA035284C is superseded with 5WA035284F (sw 144). Most of the Golf 8 with these P/N modules would have gotten a software update either via OTA, by Recall or in the workshop. This update also upgrades the part number to 5WA035284F. If a new module is needed then they install 5WA035284F.

Reactions: I-A