GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EventhorizoN VW GTI S build

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
I love silver. What shop do you use for installation?

Thanks man! In the past I’ve used Eurowurx, R’s Tuning, and now I’m going to try Pitstop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
A couple of shots of the Strafe designs rear diffuser. My thoughts so far. It definitely needs the side wings. Ended up contacting the company to have the side wings made. The diffuser felt a little incomplete without them. When the piece arrived it was in minor scratched condition. I optioned for the powder coated version. I felt they did a poor job powder coating. I ended up respraying the piece myself with good quality car paint and clear-coat. It’s going to take some shrapnel from the roads, especially for future track days. The install was touch and go because the instructions from Strafe were quite poor, I even contacted them to see if they had a visual representation online. I wish the diffuser came with better hardware. One of the bolts snaps when torquing it down. Ended up making a trip to the hardware store for some better stainless hardware to make sure I was covered. Wanted to give a smaller company like Strafe a shot. I do like the diffuser build, but I feel the instructions, powder coating, and hardware could be better.

Jarbear

Ready to race!
Looks good!!

IMO, if you haven’t already though of it. I think a black badge with Klii color match inlay would look sick. I did that to mine with a black badge and white inlay. Really cleans up the hatch.

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Looks good!!

IMO, if you haven’t already though of it. I think a black badge with Klii color match inlay would look sick. I did that to mine with a black badge and white inlay. Really cleans up the hatch.

Thank you for the suggestion buddy!! I'm actually going to try that! Appreciate the nice message!

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
I actually just purchased black emblems and the color matched Klii backings for my car. Had a hard time finding the emblems but eventually pulled the trigger on an eBay set. Hoping they fit correctly. Should be arriving in a week or two.
Thank you for the suggestion buddy!! I'm actually going to try that! Appreciate the nice message!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
I actually just purchased black emblems and the color matched Klii backings for my car. Had a hard time finding the emblems but eventually pulled the trigger on an eBay set. Hoping they fit correctly. Should be arriving in a week or two.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

awesome!! I just purchased the Klii color match inlays for the front and back of my car! I will look around and see who has the best black emblem kit, I'll start on eBay as well! thanks man! :D

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Just purchased the Unitronic Stage 2+ is38 software and Uniconnect Cable. Decided to go this direction to have the flexibility to flash back to stock on my own. With my Audi S4 I got tired of relying on shops to swap programs back to stock settings with APR. I'll keep everyone posted once install is finished and give a detailed review. APR intercooler will be here Wednesday! https://www.getunitronic.com/news/unitronic-stage-2-performance-software

Square1

Go Kart Champion

Forge Performance Blow off valve arrived!

Forge Performance Turbo muffler delete arrived as well!!!

I got a Forge blow off valve and it's awesome. I don't know about the performance aspect but it sounds amazing. Don't think twice about bolting it up.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
I got a Forge blow off valve and it's awesome. I don't know about the performance aspect but it sounds amazing. Don't think twice about bolting it up.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Honestly, I prefer the sounds of Atmospheric BOV to Air Diverter Valves. Thank you for the reassurance. I'm always excited to try different things on my cars. I can always switch back to the Stock DV, if I'm experiencing crazy boost loss! :)

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Hi guys! I forgot to share my other build from a few years back. 2009 Nissan 370z, track build.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
i know less than nothing about the 370z (or really anything that isn't german, for that matter), how much power did it make/what had you done to it? still NA, or did you do any kind of aftermarket FI? excuse my ignorance if thats a silly question lol

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
i know less than nothing about the 370z (or really anything that isn't german, for that matter), how much power did it make/what had you done to it? still NA, or did you do any kind of aftermarket FI? excuse my ignorance if thats a silly question lol

haha, no worries my man!

I copied this over from my build notes:

Vehicle Specs:

Engine:

VQ37VHR – 3.7-liter DOHC 24-valve V6 aluminum-alloy engine
370 hp @ 7,000 rpm Flywheel - 315 Wheel HP
330lb-ft @ 5,200 rpm

Setrab 19 Row Oil Cooler Kit

UpRev ECU Tune (Performed by Specialty Z)

Drivetrain:

SynchroRev Match® ( 6speed manual transmission)

SZ Clutch & Flywheel Kit ( designed custom by Specialty Z & RPS )

Quaife Helical Limited. Slip. Differential.

Exhaust:

HKS Hi Power Titanium Tips

Invidia Test Pipes

Brakes:

DBA Slotted Front Brake Rotors

Akebono 4-piston opposed front aluminum calipers with 14.0" x 1.30" vented discs

Akebono 2-piston opposed rear aluminum calipers with 13.8" x 0.80" vented discs

Endless MX72 Brake Pads ( Street + Circuit ) Front and Rear performed

Suspension and Steering:

KW v3 Coil-over Suspension

Eibach Sway Bars
Whiteline Endlinks
SPC front camber arms
SPL rear camber arms with locks

alignment and corner balance:

Front: Left 937; Right 899
Rear: Left 773; Right 715
Total weight without W&T; 3324 lbs
Cross weight: 50.2%
Total weight: 3464lbs

Alignment:

Front: Left -3.1, Right -3.1
Toe: 0
Rear: -2.1, Right -2.1
Toe in 3/16

Aerodynamics:

Stillen Front Canards
Stillen Rear Roof Wing
Mines/mooncraft intake ducts
Seibon Front Lip (carbon fiber)
Seibon Side-skirts (carbon fiber)
Seibon Rear Spats (carbon fiber)
APR Performance Custom GTC-300 Wing (carbon fiber)

Interior:

Nissan Nismo White Ball Manual Shift Knob
Recaro Pole Position Seat
Recaro Aluminum Side Mount
Custom Bottom Mount

Audio:
Kenwood eXcelon DNX9980HD (Garmin Navigation)

Wheels & Tires:

Volk Racing G2 Type 2
Front: 19x9.5 + 23
Rear: 19x10.5 +22

Tires:
Advan Neova AD08
Front: 275/35/19"
Rear: 275/35/19"

Stock Wheels:

19" x 9.0" (front) and 19" x 10.0" (rear) 5-spoke RAYS® super-lightweight forged alloy wheels

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
Just installed this beautiful piece from ECS tuning. They always do such an Amazing job on their carbon products!