GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EVOMS V-FLow

Temper

Touch my monkey..
I just sent Anders an email on ordering information. Seems like a sweet new mod my my BM GTI ! We shall see. Anyone out there doing the same ?

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
Temper said:
I just sent Anders an email on ordering information. Seems like a sweet new mod my my BM GTI ! We shall see. Anyone out there doing the same ?

mine is ordered and paid for. I will be recieving it 1st to 2nd week of July, I will then modify my engine cover to work with it, and will install and update you guys. I'm sure others will have it on the same time as me.

:headbang:

Temper

Touch my monkey..
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
mine is ordered and paid for. I will be recieving it 1st to 2nd week of July, I will then modify my engine cover to work with it, and will install and update you guys. I'm sure others will have it on the same time as me.

Cool, I'm going to order mine asap. then dremmel the cover to fit also.
I might as well, not like ill use it again.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
Temper said:
Cool, I'm going to order mine asap. then dremmel the cover to fit also.
I might as well, not like ill use it again.

yeah there gonna have the template to properly modify the cover on there website (probablly a PDF for downloading and printing out), however there gonna send me one with my intake as well. I don't have a Dremel, but I think I can rent one from Home Depot for a day.

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Something I haven't noticed being discussed very much is the surface area of the filter on cai type intakes. I feel that part of the problem for you engine to breate properly is not only the size of your intake, but surface area of the filter it draws through. Part of the purpose of airboxes is to provide a "still" volume of air for the engine to draw from. Even if your airbox is pressurized, there is always a specific volume to it.

By creating a quasi-air box as this V-flo deal has, it gains some advantage over the typical cai that just sort of sits out in the open. Add to this the increased surface area of the filter unit and the end result is a larger, more stable air charge being drawn into the engine. And if not larger (I am sure it will be) there will be less force required to draw the air in= quicker reving, just don't ask me how much.