GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Experience with the '09 Forrester?

Looking to get a new auto for my wife sometime soon. She likes small SUV's/crossovers etc. Right now she has a 2004 Toyota Rav 4. I've been doing some research and in the $25,000 and under category, it looks like the new Subie is the best package. MPG's, safety, and cargo room are the most important things for her. AWD is not even that important, but it's certainly a plus. Has anyone driven one of these new models? I think they look so much better than the last version and they seem to have an avid following. I don't think this sits up as high as most other SUV's which might be an issue for her. Also looking at the Nissan Rogue and new Rav4.

Oh yeah, not looking at the turbocharged version, base Boxer engine will do just fine.

Pic for reference

Tiguan uses premium gas. Plus, if you want the moonroof or awd in the Tiguan it's a good deal more expensive than the Forester. I've test driven the Tiguan too...liked it but didn't love it.

yeah the xt's were alright, but the other trims for those forester's were hideous imo

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
The new Forester is a great car, even if the styling became a little more bland. It has a much better ride. Is much quieter and refined. Interior space is vastly improved especially rear seat legroom and cargo room. The Boxer engine is bombproof and will go on forever. You will get decent mpg for a larger AWD crossover. Plus it's super safe and reliable, and you have the best AWD system on the market. Snow and rain become irrelevant in a Subaru.

We have the new 08 Outback 3.0R LLBean and we love it. I would get a 09 OBXT as a DD if I had the spare change lying around.