GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fall Foliage Car Cruise (CT)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Me and the "buddy who never passes up karting" have a score to settle. I can't let it sit that he JUST beat me last time......

1696988834399.png

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
95% sure. I will post up a definite after the wknd and I confirm my schedule. Post up day preference and cruise length but my pref is Saturday with Sunday as rain date. Driving time of around 3 hrs but that can be adjusted. We'll stop for lunch the starting point (Middletown CT) is by a decent diner if folks want to meet early and have breakfast. Normally we'll start around 10:00-10:30 and be done around 2:00-3:00

I do know a bunch of twisty two lane blacktop roads that are great for a ride. It will be prime leaf season but you will need to be concentrating on driving. Most of the roads are not main ones so hopefully traffic won't be too bad.

I am going to have these slower than my previous ones I ran with Mustangs....folks are more tolerant of American Muscle zipping by. We have had "incidents" before. No tix but yeah we have been given warnings by the police

Participate at your own risk.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
95% sure. I will post up a definite after the wknd and I confirm my schedule. Post up day preference and cruise length but my pref is Saturday with Sunday as rain date. Driving time of around 3 hrs but that can be adjusted. We'll stop for lunch the starting point (Middletown CT) is by a decent diner if folks want to meet early and have breakfast. Normally we'll start around 10:00-10:30 and be done around 2:00-3:00
So meet for breakfast at the diner, drive around, stop again for lunch, drive a lil more, and then done.

Am I reading that correctly?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Going to try to make the cruise. I already have solo plans for Sunday, and it's usually hard to break away from the family for the entire weekend. Depends on what kind of mood my wife is in :ROFLMAO:

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
@aspro_gti

yep. The diner part is optional but I know some people have to travel and why not? It's a good diner (except their home fries are nasty....sub in French fries when ordering). I've done these before with Mustangs and about 2/3rds of the people would come back and do it again.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
@aspro_gti

yep. The diner part is optional but I know some people have to travel and why not? It's a good diner (except their home fries are nasty....sub in French fries when ordering). I've done these before with Mustangs and about 2/3rds of the people would come back and do it again.
Word, I'll try and make it to the diner.

For those in Beantown, y'all wanna cruise down early that morning? Meet up on I-90 or I-84? Or not, idc really since we'll all be driving there anyways. Just makes the travel down to CT better. Good time to get rollers.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I'm going to sound like a broken record, but...

If we're going to all want to race together @ karting on the 26th, we really should iron out who's coming and when, and book some races together.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion

If we're going to all want to race together @ karting on the 26th, we really should iron out who's coming and when, and book some races together.
The times I've been there it wasn't necessary to book in advance, but I can't say I'm a regular by any stretch. I'll leave that to you, but count me as two. I called ahead when we went last (almost a month ago?) and was told that it wouldn't be an issue, and that usually they only want a call-ahead if you're trying to do like a company event scale thing.

I'd definitely like to figure out food on Thursday after though, in an ideal world someplace that's not going to be insanely packed/noisy, and at least semi-unique to the area. Not that we're above Chili's, but to travel that far, it'd be cool to go someplace that isn't a chain we have here in PA.

wmssbr10

Passed Driver's Ed

I'm up for karting depending on meet time. I'll be working in Waterford til 6 so only 15 minutes away!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
The times I've been there it wasn't necessary to book in advance, but I can't say I'm a regular by any stretch. I'll leave that to you, but count me as two. I called ahead when we went last (almost a month ago?) and was told that it wouldn't be an issue, and that usually they only want a call-ahead if you're trying to do like a company event scale thing.

I'd definitely like to figure out food on Thursday after though, in an ideal world someplace that's not going to be insanely packed/noisy, and at least semi-unique to the area. Not that we're above Chili's, but to travel that far, it'd be cool to go someplace that isn't a chain we have here in PA.

So I've never been to the Montville location, nor have I ever been during the week. I've always gone on a Saturday, which would be naturally more busy. We've walked in to R1 here in Lincoln on a Saturday before, and the entire day has been booked. Just to give some background for my urgency. Also, it looks like the Wrentham location is more busy than Montville as well. If you look at Wrentham for this Saturday, slots are already filling up.

1697049663957.png

Vs. Montville, which is mostly open on all slots. They also appear to run far more races.

1697049775057.png

Swapping to tomorrow, they're completely open.

1697049831543.png

So tl;dr:, it does look like we might be fine with just walk ins on Thursday 10/26. I'll drop it :ROFLMAO:

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
So I've never been to the Montville location, nor have I ever been during the week. I've always gone on a Saturday, which would be naturally more busy. We've walked in to R1 here in Lincoln on a Saturday before, and the entire day has been booked. Just to give some background for my urgency. Also, it looks like the Wrentham location is more busy than Montville as well. If you look at Wrentham for this Saturday, slots are already filling up.

View attachment 293188

Vs. Montville, which is mostly open on all slots. They also appear to run far more races.

View attachment 293189

Swapping to tomorrow, they're completely open.

View attachment 293190

So tl;dr:, it does look like we might be fine with just walk ins on Thursday 10/26. I'll drop it :ROFLMAO:
I definitely appreciate your desire to be organized/plan -- that's how my wife is as well, and people like you are the reason people like me get to do anything at all 😂 I've only ever just shown up, and hell even if we don't get to do races all night long, like it was stated before, it's mainly about the people/meetup. Nat and I are hoping to get there at open around 3PM and effectively just keep racing until close (or if I hurt myself real bad again), and then go for a late dinner/drinks and hanging with the CSBros.

I've got no idea what's going on for our Friday but we're probably going to try to hit some more experiences and see some stuff around Mystic and neighboring towns, then on Saturday we're headed up towards Boston to meet up with friends who live there, and then head back in the evening Saturday. If @Strange Mud runs another cruise next year we'd likely come out, this has been a pretty spur of the moment thing on our end and I can't really take any more time off at the moment than what I've already got slated.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
I can come for this cruise but I’m at the nyc end of CT