GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

fathers needed

STING

Ready to race!
It's definitely hardest in the beginning. My son just turned 3 and he is almost self sufficient. Just when I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, my daughter is born. It starts all over but I feel more prepared this time. More tired, but more prepared.
Dream on mate!
Wait until the girly terrible twos start!
its female INSANITY!
I have four daughters by the way!
If it was legal to sell them on ebay they'd be long gone! :mad0259: :laugh:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Just don't listen to all the negativity surrounding having kids. I promise that is easily overtaken by the love and joy they will bring you.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
it is really hard, doe. wont lie.

oh man.. 10yr old son just called his girl skater in Skate 3 a "whore", I was like, uhhh.. what did you just say? do you know what the means? and he doesnt.. fun times.

zrickety

The Fixer
Lol. The joy does outweigh the pain.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
The best and hardest job you never knew how much you would love. That's how I describe fatherhood. Congrats KY.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
Thanks everyone. I feel like Donald Rumsfeld said it best when he said "there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know"

He wasn't talking about being a father exactly but I think it applies to me at this point.

marsh1665

Ready to race!
best thing about having my 14mth old daughter is her and watching her grow.

2nd best thing was convincing my wife that we needed a supercharged Audi to haul her around in :)

congrats. being a parent is awesome----most of the time.

marsh1665

Ready to race!
also like Jeremy Clarkson said:

This [Maserati Quattroporte GTS] is like having a 3-year old child. It's really annoying most of the time, but if someone tried to take it away from you, you'd kill them for it.

Trainwreck

Ready to race!
also like Jeremy Clarkson said:

This [Maserati Quattroporte GTS] is like having a 3-year old child. It's really annoying most of the time, but if someone tried to take it away from you, you'd kill them for it.

true...for kids. I didn't realize how protective you can get. I'm not saying have kids be sheltered.

when my daughter is afraid of the clowns. Get a clue and give her space. IF you push it, you are not gonna like what's coming.

eldiablo1

Ready to race!
I wish I had known about febrile seizures before my infant son suffered from one. When he was about 2 years he had a sudden high fever which resulted in the seizure.

He was acting fine 1 minute, and then suddenly started convulsing / foaming at the mouth and turned blue. I thought he was dying.

Paramedics were at the house within minutes. He had a temp of 104 which was treated at the hospital where he regained consciousness.

Little did I know that these seizures are quite common. Now you know (if you didn't already).

Good luck!!!