GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Faulty sensors

L.J.K

Hi,
In the year I've had the Golf MK8 (Since May 2022) I've had repeating issues with "unavailable" lane assist and front assist.
Usually it turns off by itself after a few minutes or when I switch off the car, but in 3 occasions it stayed on so I had to take it to the dealer (Garage).
All they did was to "reset" the fault (based on the TPI they got). Obviously after a few months the "lane assist unavailable" light was on again.... the windshield is perfectly clean, so that is not the issue....
Any experience with it? the car is still under warranty but VW are not willing to do much about it other than "reset" the sensor....

This is beyond annoying.... Any Ideas how can this be solved?

Thanks!

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
mine does it...took it to the dealer after complaining twice...was told the steering wheel and column are issues with buttons and pinched wires...they are replacing my wheel and column under warranty....dont know how long itll be though they told me 5-7 weeks for parts but ive read upwards of 6 months for some people

slkmaniac

mine does it...took it to the dealer after complaining twice...was told the steering wheel and column are issues with buttons and pinched wires...they are replacing my wheel and column under warranty....dont know how long itll be though they told me 5-7 weeks for parts but ive read upwards of 6 months for some people
I’ve been waiting seven months an still they still have no idea when it will arrive. This is the last VW I’ll ever buy.