GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Filing a complaint against the moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hkysk8r07

Banned
golf mkv used to be a chill, relaxed, fun place to come and talk dubs. due to the increased crackdown on our new and improved rules. it isn't what it used to be.

what ever happened to seeing a nice set of titties or something in OT with a NWS title? or cracking a joke at another member in a harmless way. or if we're going to be given warnings for inappropriate language why not turn on the filter and prevent certain words from even being said. or banning members because they broke the "rules" when you give them 3 warnings from the same thread when its obvious a heated argument is taking place. there are other solutions. deleting/editing posts, closing the thread, maybe just drop a PM to those involved in the argument and tell them to take it easy or something before action is taken against them. you guys were the ones that accepted the position of moderator and if you feel like editing and deleting posts isn't worth your time then resign and become regular members again.

take it for what it is. a little feedback never hurts:smile:

Fully Alarmed

RS Golf,the 1 and only...
I Concur

Eviloliv3

Ready to race!
:wrongforum: :eek:fftopic: :sm3:

lol, j/k

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
golfmkv is my favorite dub forum, and currently my most frequently visited forum overall. :)

Keep it goin' over here please :)

julito04

I plead the fif.
I will completely agree with this thread. I just received a warning for inappropriate language. I guess it was the word "d*ck"(star there so i dont get another warning for this). this was the thread where I was talking to you Hkysk8r07 where I then apologized bc of the misunderstanding. Then way after I apologize they give me an infraction. wow, way to be commited Mods! and it wasnt even a heated debate or badgering, name calling, hate or anything. I apologizxed for what i said and still get an infraction. maybe next time ill use "Richard". I completely agree with you Hkysk8r07, if they want to control LANGUAGE then put the FILTER ON!!! instead of getting people closer and closer to being banned for petty things. If you have the power to control, then control in a correct manner. An email after an infraction is Retarded, o wait. i mean "slow", so i dont get ANOTHER infraction.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Now now guys, you dont havent it that bad. I mean...just look at at me http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/member.php?u=9983

Although, i like how they post the link to the thread but when i go to click its been clearly removed.

same here. Im glad they show me a clean thread where i received an infraction but dont show me what i said, where i said it and still give me an infraction over pretty much nothing. man, for all they know I could have been calling him by a nickname i gave him but they dont know bc they take an irrational action before verifying anything.

Hkysk8r07

Banned
Now now guys, you dont havent it that bad. I mean...just look at at me http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/member.php?u=9983

Although, i like how they post the link to the thread but when i go to click its been clearly removed.

only you can view your warnings. all we see is your profile.

you gotta copy and paste

Latest Infractions Received
Post Date Expires Points Reason Posted By
Private 01-06-2008 06:38 AM 01-21-2008 06:38 AM 0 Inappropriate Language kirk180
Brake pedal shakes like... 12-20-2007 07:26 AM Expired 0 Inappropriate Language dpham00
Private 05-18-2007 05:26 PM Expired 0 Insulted Other Member(s) GTI2007

Well heres the PM's then.

Attachments

• oo9.JPG
    oo9.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 390
  • oo.JPG
    oo.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 392

335 Trojan

Macro FTW.
I was going to make similar thread soon.

I completely agree. I have been here for over a year and a half, and seen this forum change a lot. Some for the better, but, unfortunately, some for the worse.

I'll go out and say that I used to respect and enjoy conversing with our moderators "pre-moderation," but now I have no reason to chat with them as I feel their moderation powers have sadly changed their forum presence.

Now, it seems like they are my enemies and I must dodge them when posting. I fear that every post I make will be deleted (a good percentage are) just because of the fact that they can click a button and move on. To me, that is BS.

What is wrong with telling someone to search? We have done that forever, but now doing so gets your post deleted with no explanation.

EDIT: And wouldn't it just be so ironic to have this thread edited/closed/deleted :laugh:

Yeah but its their forum and they have guidelines so whatever.

I'd be more please if they gave warnings to people who talk shit on 56k users in all of THEIR DAMN TITLES.

On another note, there are other sites that view these type of sites and calloborate the abusive words so that they can be block that current site from being view in other networks. Such as your job or school. By keeping the language low we can prevent that.

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
i didn't even know there was a rule against inappropriate language

Same here - I wasn't aware this place had family content, or for that matter any content of interest to those not old enough to:

:bs: :middlefinger: swear or

:drinking: :smoking: get loaded or

:tweetz: :eyebulge: oogle boobs or

:burnrubber: earn a moving violation[shock!]

We're all adults here, aren't we? Just illustrating the point. [rimshot.]

julito04

I plead the fif.
very good point. now watch, they are going to take away the emoticons lol

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
golf mkv used to be a chill, relaxed, fun place to come and talk dubs. due to the increased crackdown on our new and improved rules. it isn't what it used to be.

what ever happened to seeing a nice set of titties or something in OT with a NWS title? or cracking a joke at another member in a harmless way. or if we're going to be given warnings for inappropriate language why not turn on the filter and prevent certain words from even being said. or banning members because they broke the "rules" when you give them 3 warnings from the same thread when its obvious a heated argument is taking place. there are other solutions. deleting/editing posts, closing the thread, maybe just drop a PM to those involved in the argument and tell them to take it easy or something before action is taken against them. you guys were the ones that accepted the position of moderator and if you feel like editing and deleting posts isn't worth your time then resign and become regular members again.

take it for what it is. a little feedback never hurts:smile:

first, i want to say that i do appreciate the constructive criticism given by you and others in this thread.

Trust me, I prefer to have a more chill forum as well, but unfortunately, some members here are getting out of control, hence the crackdown.

with regards to nudity, the admins have set the no nudity rule. trust me, i don't like this rule as much as the next guy, but the admins set the policy on that matter.

with regards to inappropriate language, this forum does allow cussing, dependent on the context. for example, if you said, "ahh fuck, i just got into an accident", then that would be ok. but saying, " your car is a fucking POS" is not ok. for the latter, you can say something like "i don't like the mod on your car" or something like that.

with regards to bans, we're i think we're extremely lenient on them. perhaps this is part of the problem as well.

the reason why we use the warning system instead of PMing warnings is so that other mods know what's going on, and there's a record of what happened there. we basically use warnings as a way to tell people that what they said was inappropriate. You could have a million warnings and still not get banned (well, theoretically of course). Think of a warning just like a PM warning about something. More serious offenses or sometimes repeat offenses will be given infractions. Now, 3 active infractions will yield an automatic two week ban. and even if someone has two active infractions, i think long and hard before giving a two week ban. Take a look at this screenshot regarding warnings/infractions.

Attachments

• warning_3.JPG
    warning_3.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 363
Status
Not open for further replies.