GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Franco516 build

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Installed a couple of little tings yesterday. ECS clutch bleeder block/ stainless steel line and bracket bushings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Lately Ive been on the fence about getting my chain done right now or waiting a bit longer. Right now that car is at 67k and its starting to worry me. I had a forum local dude help me out(thanks Tyler) and use his vagcom to see how stretched my chain was and i know its never been proven 100% accurate but the outcome put my mind at ease a lil bit, its at -3.59. My car is a 2012 model but built 11/11 and has an updated tensioner(ive checked) so im hoping to get it done around 80k. Since i drive the car about 10 miles a day AT MOST 80k is probably in 2020 lol.

Also, took a picture of it on easter. [emoji482]

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Anything past -4 degrees is where you need to be concerned correct?

Excited to hear how you like Sneeky. Is he going to be dyno tuning the car too or just log tuning similar to stratified?

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Anything past -4 degrees is where you need to be concerned correct?

Excited to hear how you like Sneeky. Is he going to be dyno tuning the car too or just log tuning similar to stratified?

Yeah from what ive read, past -4 is when u need to be concerned but who really knows if thats accurate.

Log tuning like stratified. Turbo goes in this weekend. Will be updating this along the way, super excited!

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Gtx is in.. shop ran into some issues, as u can see from my previous post the gasket on the dv was shot, causing it leak lots of oil, the heat from the k04 im sure is the reason.. they were able to get a stock DV from a VW dealer in the area so now im rocking a stock dv, might replace the gasket and go back to the DV+ or might get a turbosmart one.
Another issue was, at the end of the install they pressurized the system for leaks and found a leak coming from the timing gasket, a pretty bad one.. so now thats another thing i gotta spend money on... will be doing the timing chain soon.

Once i left the shop and was driving home i realized that every time i rolled into boost(taking it easy) around 4k the car would bog, i figured it was tuning issue but it ended up being the map sensor. My accessport wasnt showing any boost and my tuner suggested going back to the stock one so This morning i swapped it out to the 2.5bar map sensor and problem fixed. No more bogging and drive ability was back to normal. Wierd.

Here are some pics.

Last edited:

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Little update: on my 3rd BT revision. I am out of fuel. car rips.

Next week my WM kit is being installed, that will help with this horrible heatsoak im getting, the FMIC im running right now is wayyyy to small. Ill be getting a TR8C soon.

Ever since i went BT, shifting is way smoother, rev matching as well, dont know if that is from the turbo being bigger or the tune itself. Also, I havent gotten 1 single CEL since the install, nothing... After i got my k04 installed a year ago I had CEL's almost every other day.. sneeky tune is better.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
After 3 years of telling myself to fix my kessy i finally did it. Did the eraser trick. Works like a charm [emoji119]

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Are you sending him logs or is he actually tuning it in person?