Free Ford Focus ST Performance Academy

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Where is Chicago?? :mad0259:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Just resubmitted the form and got a different followup screen, looks like my first try didn't actually go through properly. Assuming it goes through this time I'll be at the NY event running @ 2PM.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Registered 12pm SF event :p

xytbyk

Go Kart Champion
I'm in for 1 PM at Doyer Stadium. I did a Lexus driving event like this at Belmont Park in NY a few years ago when the IS came out. They had competitors' cars (330i, C-Class, Kia Forte, etc.) there to drive as well. I wonder if Ford will do the same. I'd love to beat the snot out of a ms3 and an ST in the same day.

P

plac

and the ST is dead before it even arrives...

welcome back the Soundaktor..

the automaker has implemented some interesting technology with its Focus ST. Engineers have added a special sound tube – called a sound symposer – to the ST, which specifically enhances the throaty, low-end frequencies of the exhaust. This sort of sound tube has been used before (on the Mustang and Mazda MX-5 Miata), but here in the Focus ST, there's an electronically controlled valve that opens and closes based on specific driver inputs. What's more, this valve is mapped more aggressively in lower gears for great sounds during acceleration, but stays shut more often in higher gears to allow for quieter highway cruising.