GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

From Chicago to Los Angeles

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Man I would love to take a road trip like that! Being in florida it would one hell of a drive!

Arash007ir

Ready to race!
How is this From Chicago to Denver. Stay a night. next morning to Los Angeles.
Do you think if I leave monday morning do I get to L.A tuesday night ?

I'm having trouble finding this online, I found couple of sellers on ebay, one of them don't ship to US, the other one ships from Turkey and it take 3 weeks to get here. Any idea where I can get one ?

Last edited:

jamesgti1

Passed Driver's Ed
I did route #1 this summer past....granted in a 2003 focus. less fun, but you still get that stop in Vegas...

jamesgti1

Passed Driver's Ed
oh and as far as places to stay, just find a quiet surface lot in BFE, Utah or something and recline....more money for gas and food. at least that's what we did. :thumbup:

tzd

Ready to race!
And I still don't know where to stay for night. I'm sure I can find something online but I don't know how it is. Or which city ( this depends on which route I take).

http://www.motel6.com/AccorMaps/M6RouteSearch.aspx

Once again if you're driving by yourself, I suggest at least 2 overnights for the distance you are covering. Get a good pair of sunglasses too, because you are driving West, you will be looking directly into the sun for most of the day.

RIP335

Go Kart Champion
I'd stay in Chicago if I were you, Chicago is such a beautiful city and great people.

I like Cali, lived here all my life. But lets see no jobs, state is a sinking ship and the nightlife gets cut off right when things are going good.

I'd move to Chi-town but no firms are taking out of state people.

Timujin

Ready to race!
Oh yeah someone mentioned fueling stations. There are plenty of diesel stops on I44/40 route, and even more for unleaded. I almost went through the Colorado route, but didn't want to deal with a potential blizzard in the Rockies.

Antonio Monteiro

Ready to race!
Man your trip sounds fun, if I was you if sleep is not a problem I would do most of my drive at night perhaps less traffic, also one important safety check make sure you to check your tires every 100 miles of driving or every 2 hours... If I was much closer I would plan a trip like your, but being in MASS i'm to far. Anyway enjoy and be safe.

Arash007ir

Ready to race!
http://www.motel6.com/AccorMaps/M6RouteSearch.aspx

Once again if you're driving by yourself, I suggest at least 2 overnights for the distance you are covering. Get a good pair of sunglasses too, because you are driving West, you will be looking directly into the sun for most of the day.

Thanks for the link, I'll give it a try. Probably going to be tough doing it in two days since it's just me, but if I see I'm feeling sleepy I would definitely stay one more night on the way.

I'd stay in Chicago if I were you, Chicago is such a beautiful city and great people.

I like chicago and the city is nice, the only problem here is winter, I'm not used to getting 9 months of winter and 3 feet of snow. The other thing is all my friends and most of my reletives are in CA, but none of them recomanded moving there, they said it only has a nice weather.
Again I thought I check it out myself to see what's what. I was gonna go last summer, but got stuck with exams and registration and stuff.

Oh yeah someone mentioned fueling stations. There are plenty of diesel stops on I44/40 route, and even more for unleaded. I almost went through the Colorado route, but didn't want to deal with a potential blizzard in the Rockies.

I make sure I pay close attenetion to my fuel gauge, it's so nerve wracking driving with that little waring light. For some reason I think going through Colorado would be much prettier, however there is nothing pretty about getting stuck in a snow blizzard especially with stock tires, they are no good on snow.

Man your trip sounds fun, if I was you if sleep is not a problem I would do most of my drive at night perhaps less traffic, also one important safety check make sure you to check your tires every 100 miles of driving or every 2 hours... If I was much closer I would plan a trip like your, but being in MASS i'm to far. Anyway enjoy and be safe.

I'll check the tires, thanks for pointing that out.

. Get a good pair of sunglasses too, because you are driving West, you will be looking directly into the sun for most of the day.

perhaps I get a chance to use them on this trip, past 3-4 months it was mostly cloudy, I barely took it out of the overhead compartment.

make sure your spare wheel is properly inflated and have fun :w00t:

I still haven't check if I have a spare . :D

oh and as far as places to stay, just find a quiet surface lot in BFE, Utah or something and recline....more money for gas and food. at least that's what we did. :thumbup:

If I don't find a place to stay, this would be an option too .

- So you guys think Chicago-Denver-Los Angeles is a good idea ?or there should be one more stop ? or should I use the other route on that goes through desert ?

- One other thing I noticed I haven't done my 90-Days check up yet, should I do it before I go ? what's being done in the 90-Day check up ?

P

plac

ummm dude... the grill feeds part of that radiator and intercooler..

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
:laugh: Yeah, you need to leave the grill open. Damage is unlikely.

P

plac

funniest tape up job i ever seen. way overkill everywhere. but i'd have the same concerns about my baby too.