GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front bra for our Mk V?

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Deagle said:
Nothing a good buffing can't fix though, right?
If you want to do it all the time, that's okay then.

I placed the clear bra on two of my vehicles and my '98.5 Audi's is yellowing and some butt hole loves to try to scratch it of or peel off the car when my wife drives down town to an office we work with.

Getting the dirt from out around the edges is a PITA as well as wax removal. I installed these for years in my shop and will never put another on mine again.... just too much maintanance IMHO. If you ever have to remove later on, it will create lines in the paint and the paint will need to be color sanded to remove those fine visible lines. No B.S. here!

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
Wild Hare said:
If you want to do it all the time, that's okay then.

I placed the clear bra on two of my vehicles and my '98.5 Audi's is yellowing and some butt hole loves to try to scratch it of or peel off the car when my wife drives down town to an office we work with.

Getting the dirt from out around the edges is a PITA as well as wax removal. I installed these for years in my shop and will never put another on mine again.... just too much maintanance IMHO. If you ever have to remove later on, it will create lines in the paint and the paint will need to be color sanded to remove those fine visible lines. No B.S. here!

Damnit. There's just no good soloution to anything! haha.

PoolShark5

Passed Driver's Ed
Cross Country

I'm thinkin about a bra or the scotch guard as well. I'm picking up my new GTI soon, but I'm going to have to drive it from Rhode Island (where I live now) to San Francisco to start work in July. Which protects the car better? I'd think the bra does a better job, and I'd only put it on there for the road trip, but I'd be willing to keep the scotch guard on there permanently.

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
PoolShark5 said:
I'm thinkin about a bra or the scotch guard as well. I'm picking up my new GTI soon, but I'm going to have to drive it from Rhode Island (where I live now) to San Francisco to start work in July. Which protects the car better? I'd think the bra does a better job, and I'd only put it on there for the road trip, but I'd be willing to keep the scotch guard on there permanently.

Yeah, if I got a clear bra, I don't see why I'd take it off unless it cracked or something and I had to replace it...