GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front license plate alternative ????

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
Those holes in the grill are for AIR!!!!! to keep the engine and related parts cool. If you had a problem VW would probbly tell you you voided the warranty for putting the plate on the grill. I wouldnt risk it. how about velcrow tape on the bumber and on the plate??? The tape might leave some glue behind. But you could probbly get it off with some goo-be-gone and a little time.

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
man, are you serious? Do you know what you are talking about? Sorry, i hate to be opposed to you, but you have to get over this warranty fear....

Back to topic, the dealership asked me if i wanted the front license plates, i said no, and they had me sign a release of liability from, i have not had a front plate since last 2 years, no tickets yet, but just because i wrote it, i will get clocked tomorrow:laugh:

tydale3 said:
Those holes in the grill are for AIR!!!!! to keep the engine and related parts cool. If you had a problem VW would probbly tell you you voided the warranty for putting the plate on the grill.

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
Not a fear dude, If you cooked your engine for whatever reason and had that plate over the grill, you would lose the battle with your local dealer and be lucky to get VW to do anything about it. I worked at a Dealership for 9 years in the service depatment and saw many people lose there warranty for mods that were related to the problem. Besides why would you want to risk overheating your engine or lowering the lifespan of your turbo for a plate. I would rather have 4 holes in my bumper than a blown turbo after 60,000 miles. Or better yet some leftover tape residue. Besides if you have to have a plate on the front it looks better on the bumper.

VrstewartW

What is a Ronaldo?
there is plenty of air getting to the IC where my plate is. Its not even blocking that much space :wink:

rica_roel

Rally Car Newbie
VrstewartW said:
that was me, i tried to place it so that it wouldnt block too much air flow. So far its been fine. I was thinking of wedging it between the dash and windshield but you know how jersey cops are

hey you live in bordentown? I live pretty close to you. Do you ever go to any of the gtgs around here?

Not good for you r intercooler, let it breed¡¡¡¡¡¡

all these alternatives to the plate mountings suck....you guys are pussies...just take the damn front plate off...you get pulled over tell the pig it's the dealers fault....I took mine off and i don't even worry about getting pulled over. what kind of money would the city get for that kind of ticket? 100 bucks? that's not worth a cops time.

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
x2:thumbsup:

2k6Tornado_Red_MK5 said:
all these alternatives to the plate mountings suck....you guys are pussies...just take the damn front plate off...you get pulled over tell the pig it's the dealers fault....I took mine off and i don't even worry about getting pulled over. what kind of money would the city get for that kind of ticket? 100 bucks? that's not worth a cops time.

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
3 TX boys, 2 different opinions:biggrin: I keep mine between my seat and the center console, in case for any reasons i get pulled over, i will put it on the dash so i can at least point it to them. It worked on my old car, which happened to be faaaaar away from home, at Tyler TX. No tickets

katie

Autocross Champion
I called the dealership and made sure that they didn't install it or else I won't buy it haha. They kept it off. Only had 16miles when I got it =)

omghi2kt said:
I called the dealership and made sure that they didn't install it or else I won't buy it haha. They kept it off. Only had 16miles when I got it =)

exactly what i will do (when i buy the 5 door)