GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Full Hatch Pop DIY..

Ducky 2.0T

Ready to race!
is it possible to get stronger hatch struts instead of using a spring?

I tried this before we figured it all out...

Didn't work and the ones we got were supposed to be several hunder lb. rated... They wouldn't even lift the hatch.

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 CW DSG GTI
I did this but it doesn't pop all the way, it pops than opens about a quater way up than stops.

TablaRasa

Ready to race!
I did the same thing and have the same result! Must be the cold weather. I am going to see how it behaves during warm weather.
I did this but it doesn't pop all the way, it pops than opens about a quater way up than stops.

BamaKID

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI MkV
carried out my plan with solidworks after 3 months and have came up with a solution by putting an electrick motor to open and close the hatch with key fob and a button on the steering wheel controls. Got my boss to send the prototype off and get it molded into what we needed. I am thinking about selling some. Probably $300 same concept as a mercedes 2008 glk 450 hatch opening system. Will keep you updated NoIfCustoms! :thumbsup:

TablaRasa

Ready to race!
yah let me know...mine doesn't work anymore. It doesn't even pop a quarter way up!

TN GTI

Volkswagger
You can buy the stuff on ecs tuning to make it work correctly. It's sold out though. It's less than a hundred dollars when they have it.

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 CW DSG GTI
It lifts up fine on incline driveways.
I don't think the springs are giving enough pressure to lift the trunk up.

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 CW DSG GTI
It lifts up fine on incline driveways.
I don't think the springs are giving enough pressure to lift the trunk up.

TablaRasa

Ready to race!