GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FURD GT

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
That's a really pretty blue.

I like the car, but ultimately I don't care about it. I will never be able to afford one. I'm more excited by the announcement of a 7-DCT coupled to the ecoboom twin turbo V6. Wonder if the DCT will make its way into the affordable, attainable, Mustang GT.

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
Wonder if the DCT will make its way into the affordable, attainable, Mustang GT.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
For Specs, it's a 600+hp twin turbo 3.6L. They call it an "Ecoboost", whatever that means. I doubt it has anything in common with the Explorer and F150 ecoboost. Sounds the business, too. You can hear the turbos spinning out the back near the tailpipes. Yummy.

Well the press release keep mentioning the engine being race proven in TUDOR USCC in the Daytona Prototypes, which uses a 3.5 V6TT, based on the SHO/Explorer...so....

Yes, Ford GT, powered by Taurus...

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
Well the press release keep mentioning the engine being race proven in TUDOR USCC in the Daytona Prototypes, which uses a 3.5 V6TT, based on the SHO/Explorer...so....

about the base power plant of the turbo mid-engine super car. It could be the 1.3 from the fiesta boosted to 350hp and I wouldnt care.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
No there isn't anything wrong with that, but I am just replying to XGC75 saying it has nothing to do with the engine in previous Ecoboost...

Heck the current engine in Honda powered LMP2 cars came from Odyssey....which is now also going into the new custom sportscar that James Glickenhaus(aka, the guy who commission Ferrari P4/5 based on the Enzo) is building/racing this year...

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Not as good looking as the previous car. Strike one.

Manumatic transmission. Strike two.

V6. Strike three.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion

I see what you're saying - this engine started design as the Taurus SHO engine. But that's like saying the Veyron engine is a couple VR6's with an extra bank of cylinders. Or that the 2.5 is half a Lamborghini V10. Or even that the Golf R is just a GTI engine with a bigger turbo.

Ultimately there will be changes to the coolant channels, oil channels and bracing ribs. There'll be better oil pumps, rods, pistons, certainly a new crank, different cylinder walls, rings, headers, intake.. I mean we can get into semantics for days but I, personally, don't consider that to be the same engine as in any other more domestic Ford application however it was conceived.

STING

Ready to race!
From a design perspective it's a damn revelation. It's got more presence than any of the new hypercars (laferarri, 918, Huayra, Agera, P1). I say that with confidence. Its panels look draped and stretched like the KTM Xbow but with more class. Fords don't look great in that blue, though. I know it's their badge color, but they ought to rethink their badge rather than trying to rethink their cars around the badge IMO

To be launched "next year". So expect Q4 2016, basically :laugh:
This Fraud is a miss match of old school 1960's Lola with some vents and scissor doors added to make it look modern!
Any of the above cars you have mentioned have more design detail and presence in their glove box!
EDIT: The original Lola looked better!

Last edited:

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I see what you're saying - this engine started design as the Taurus SHO engine. But that's like saying the Veyron engine is a couple VR6's with an extra bank of cylinders. Or that the 2.5 is half a Lamborghini V10. Or even that the Golf R is just a GTI engine with a bigger turbo.

Ultimately there will be changes to the coolant channels, oil channels and bracing ribs. There'll be better oil pumps, rods, pistons, certainly a new crank, different cylinder walls, rings, headers, intake.. I mean we can get into semantics for days but I, personally, don't consider that to be the same engine as in any other more domestic Ford application however it was conceived.

Putting an engine from an American sedan into a European sports car was the whole point of the GT40 and Cobra. The problem is using a V6, yuck.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Why is everyone hating this V6 other than the fact that it has 6 cylinders... ?!

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Wow... :laugh:
That 68 string ray doe... "back in my day when I didn't have my bum knee I used to ____"

All I have to say is... F1 uses 1.6 Liter V6s... and are plenty fast...

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Yeah you've gotta love people who idolize 60's muscle cars - even though the fastest ones generally ran like 15.x 1/4-mile times and had shitty drum brakes and almost no cornering ability whatsoever.

Sure they look and sound cool, but they're not fast - not even in a straight line. A modern 2.0T 4-cylinder economy car is as fast as most vintage muscle cars.

(the original GT40, of course, was NOT slow - but it was also not a street car at all)

I'd love to see more race-inspired engines and other tech in street sports cars, but people wouldn't like any of it. It's loud, harsh, jerky, complicated, expensive, and requires attention and maintenance.

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
Why is everyone hating this V6 other than the fact that it has 6 cylinders... ?!

My issue is that it's a very different type of car than the Ford GT, and that it should have it's own name. I'm sure it's an awesome supercar, and like most modern super track cars, it has a light weight turbo engine and dual clutch automatic trans, but calling it a Ford GT just because it's styled like one is too far of a stretch.

They should have called it something else, they were too lazy to come up with a new name and liked the idea of marketing it under a well known model name, even though it's a new concept.

It would be like Dodge coming out with a new Dart with no V8 option and no RWD. Oh wait, that happened..

My 68 sting ray would smoke this POS

:laugh: