GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FURD GT

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Yeah you've gotta love people who idolize 60's muscle cars - even though the fastest ones generally ran like 15.x 1/4-mile times and had shitty drum brakes and almost no cornering ability whatsoever.

Sure they look and sound cool, but they're not fast - not even in a straight line. A modern 2.0T 4-cylinder economy car is as fast as most vintage muscle cars.

(the original GT40, of course, was NOT slow - but it was also not a street car at all)

I'd love to see more race-inspired engines and other tech in street sports cars, but people wouldn't like any of it. It's loud, harsh, jerky, complicated, expensive, and requires attention and maintenance.

Ppl were bitching that the new GT40 was not 40" tall (but 43") hence the GT40 name.

But the GT40 could only fit like 5'9" or smaller dudes :laugh:

I swear...

About older muscle cars... agreed. Not only that but they had the shittiest transmissions known to man 2-3 speed automatics in most or at best a rock crusher 4 speed manual with throws longer than a wheelbase of an economy car. :laugh:

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
ppl in a 25k mustang judging a future 200k super car... sounds about right :laugh:

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Ppl were bitching that the new GT40 was not 40" tall (but 43") hence the GT40 name.

But the GT40 could only fit like 5'9" or smaller dudes :laugh:

I swear...

About older muscle cars... agreed. Not only that but they had the shittiest transmissions known to man 2-3 speed automatics in most or at best a rock crusher 4 speed manual with throws longer than a wheelbase of an economy car. :laugh:

Most people would crash a real GT40 in like 10 seconds if they could even get off the line without stalling it.

I'd love to drive one, sounds like a blast :lol:

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
because 'murica

corvetteforum all said same thing.

LOL V6? FAIL

LOL LOOKS EURO? FAIL

LOL AUTOMATIC? TRIPLE FAIL

My 68 sting ray would smoke this POS

Its OK, they're not targeting mullet-wearing former high school football stars with this car.

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
because 'murica

corvetteforum all said same thing.

because corvette owners have a GREAT sense of style

https://www.google.com/search?q=cor...bm=isch&q=custom+c5+corvette&revid=1118595564

:rolleyes:

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Didn't you know that the corvette has legendary good looks? They really set the world standard in design! There was literally no one that thought it was a dead-ringer of a European roadster and thus it sold well above expectations when it launched!

gti330ex1

Ready to race!
I see 3-4 different cars when looking at this GT from different angles, my head starts spinning. Shame they didn't put any GTI lines in it.

Wykdtron

Ready to race!
I don't know. It just doesn't seem all that special. Its not like its revolutionary and there is nothing really mind blowing about it. The car looks absolutely fantastic but the flat crank in the GT350 is more exciting.
For me the most exciting thing at the auto show was Hyundai's diesel santa cruze: the el camino, subaru brat looking thing.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
I think it's great Ferd did something other than stick a V8 in it, even though a boosted/stroked flat plane V8 from the GT350 would've been great.

It's called progress, you bunch of troglodytes.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I see what you're saying - this engine started design as the Taurus SHO engine. But that's like saying the Veyron engine is a couple VR6's with an extra bank of cylinders. Or that the 2.5 is half a Lamborghini V10. Or even that the Golf R is just a GTI engine with a bigger turbo.

Ultimately there will be changes to the coolant channels, oil channels and bracing ribs. There'll be better oil pumps, rods, pistons, certainly a new crank, different cylinder walls, rings, headers, intake.. I mean we can get into semantics for days but I, personally, don't consider that to be the same engine as in any other more domestic Ford application however it was conceived.

For TUDOR USC use in the actual racecar, the block actually HAS to be from the road car. So it IS the SHO engine in the racecar. Its not a design based on the SHO, it is the SHO motor when they raced it in the Daytona Prototype. The turbos and other system can be changed or added(dry sump).

Ford is playing pretty heavily on that connection in the release and in interviews saying how it is race proven and tested. If this is the DP motor, this is the SHO motor...

Wykdtron

Ready to race!
Hey im not trying to be down on Ford. Im just saying that most everything at the show seemed to be just an "update" sure the ford gt is nice to see back in the game but nothing was really all the new. I mean ecoboost in the raptor, not surprising. Gt350 was already talked about. GM gave the GMC canyon a black color (nightfall edition) package...thats really creative guys. GM did have the updated volt and the new Bolt which is kinda cool. But everything else was so boring and not really new or exciting. Toyota put an new engine in the taco. still gonna be overpriced as hell so nothing new there. Ram had the bro truck (rebel) which they chose to not put the diesel in. And honda.... well nothing really exciting there NSX has been advertised for years. So I go back to the only thing that was really like damn that's new and different was the Hyundai. Not saying I want it but a compact pickup is needed in the us so badly.

Sorry to rant.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Hey im not trying to be down on Ford. Im just saying that most everything at the show seemed to be just an "update" sure the ford gt is nice to see back in the game but nothing was really all the new.

So when was the last time Ford made a GT with carbon tub? For that matter when was the last time any Ford was made with a tub?

People are freaking attached to the name "GT". Its not an update to the old car, its a whole new thing. The fact that no one even seen a spy shot of this thing before they drove it onto the stage on Monday is pretty damn remarkable....