GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FURD GT

Wykdtron

Ready to race!
So when was the last time Ford made a GT with carbon tub? For that matter when was the last time any Ford was made with a tub?

People are freaking attached to the name "GT". Its not an update to the old car, its a whole new thing. The fact that no one even seen a spy shot of this thing before they drove it onto the stage on Monday is pretty damn remarkable....

That I can agree with! It is truly impressive that it was never leaked. And hey I'm not hating on the car, like I said before in a previous post the thing looks fantastic and personally the Eco-boost should go in the thing because its Fords bread and butter right now. Its just hard to get excited about a car that costs way over 100,000 dollars.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
But everything else was so boring and not really new or exciting.

I think Detroit was really exciting this year. The few years have been relatively boring for trade shows. The most exciting things were WRX concepts (that didn't quite materialize) and the mk7. The Huracan was exciting at the show but didn't materialize into an exciting driver's car at any rate.

Having a totally new supercar (even if it's branded as a revival) and a realized production-representitive NSX are pretty big. Nobody really talks about it, but I think VW's cross "coupe" GTE is a milestone car as well. Plug-in crossover? I wouldn't buy it but I love that the industry is moving this way. Also it'd be US built.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I'd say Detroit show has been pretty interesting maybe the last 3 years. Last year we had the new Mustang, Z06, aluminum Ford trucks, other stuff also...

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I think it's great Ferd did something other than stick a V8 in it, even though a boosted/stroked flat plane V8 from the GT350 would've been great.

It's called progress, you bunch of troglodytes.

A V6 sounds like a sewing machine, V8s sound proper.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I don't even have to watch the video to agree with you how terrible it must sound.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
I'm actually pretty surprised the GT wasn't designed as a hybrid, or at least employing a KERS.

Still impressive as hell.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
I'm actually pretty surprised the GT wasn't designed as a hybrid, or at least employing a KERS.

Still impressive as hell.

I'm glad it's not. Why follow that well worn path. There are enough of those concepts on the road.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
TBH the way the car is packaged I'd be surprised if it has any room for hybrid...that back end with those 2 "channels" passing through the space between the fenders and the engine space for the car takes up a lot of room...for a car that also needs plenty of plumbing with a twin-turbo setup...