GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gear Selector Issues

clubsport452021

Morning,

So 6 months into CS45 ownership and post-new steering wheel debacle, and dynamic cornering light recalibration after eventually making VW find a dealer who could do it as many can't I am now getting a new bunch of warnings.

Whilst driving in France in the summer I started getting a yellow warning saying "Gearbox. You can drive on". I booked it in and the gear selector actuator/Solenoid (?) was replaced. I then started getting "Select P or car will roll away" Pressing the "P" button and various restarts usually sorted it.

It went to the dealer again where they diagnosed that the new part was faulty. They replaced it again.

I collected it and drove straight home. Parking up outside my house I experienced the "gearbox, you can drive on" and the parking brake warning………alarmingly I also had a very brief RED warning which I didn’t manage to capture on camera which said “Gearbox – stop the car”.

I am awaiting a response from VW's Executive Office who are monitoring all of the issues I have experienced and the new ones.

Any else had this?

Screenshot 2023-10-08 at 10.04.14.png