GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

General APR Discussion.

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
haha! there is no Tl;DR for this shit show.

but here goes:

APRRSC like france pre revolution.
guy banned here on par with arin spills beans on RSC "tech".
common folk demand answers.
Marie Arin-toinett says "Lets them watch us eat chili"
Revolt gets quashed when mods start shutting down all the anti france threads.
Business as usual.
Outstanding! [emoji38]

Kinda glad I never bought anything from them. My car is a mess with different parts from different companies. My mk7 R, if I get it, will remain stock!

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
Jump off the APR buttplug for a second, sonny.

APR marketed their exhausts for years as having RSC technology as illustrated below:

Did you by chance "Read" the marketing drivel in that screen shot?
its says limited use of packing and no baffles for a blah blah blah.

it doesnt say super technical shit you cant see or much less understand if opened up, with a tiny Minotaur in the maze absorbing sound.
Sadly, it very vaguely describes basically what you saw in all those photos.

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
Outstanding! [emoji38]

Kinda glad I never bought anything from them. My car is a mess with different parts from different companies. My mk7 R, if I get it, will remain stock!

Yeah, its a really, really ugly situation.
They have some talented folks working for them, but this is a bad apple(s) spoils the bunch situation.
Really a shame lots of folks spent bunches of money and got less than they were promised, and i dont just mean the exhaust shit.

Stock. you dont need no stinkin stock. :)
Mk7 R will be pretty sweet. i am waiting to see what the manual is going to get optioned and priced at.

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
I have one and yes. No Drone. Quiet down low. Roar at WOT. Only thing that sucks about it is that now with all this monkey business I'll never be able to resell it.

Tin foil hat check time:

Maybe after these threads/trolling bankrupt corsa and their impending euro rsc line o parts, everyone's favorite haterd company will offer a trade in program to switch to one of their new in house built/branded/technologified systems at a discounted cost.

conspiracy on!

crew219

Banned
Zhamel's post was deleted because he used names (see Merkle's no-name policy for this thread) but I still want to address his allegations / concerns before this APR rumor continues.

APR did not mess up his motor. The car was delivered by APR to a local dealer for delivery. The car was in an accident that did not affect the motor. He messaged someone from APR in May stating the engine was running awesome. After the accident, there were claims that the engine was blown and there were metal shavings in the oil pan.

His motor right now, is in someone else's car right now running perfectly, without having to do anything to the motor but change the head (due to the A3 having smaller cams). The head they put on was a ported Golf R head with Golf R cams. Bolted up and boom, started and ran like a champ. I saw it first hand and saw the performance of it first hand at a car show. It's a beast of an engine.

LOL!

First of all. I never got to see or drive my car. How can I say that my motor was running well?

Right when the car rolled off the trailer at the distributor there was an oil leak which ended up being sloppy work by the APR shop (they admitted it). The distributor drove the car around the parking lot and there was noticeable smoke from the tailpipe. When delivering the vehicle, it was noted by the technician in the vehicle behind mine, that there was much smoke upon moderate acceleration.
guy said:
Your car billows smoke "like a straight pipe diesel" according to the guy behind me

A CEL was also triggered just miles from leaving the shop due to the completely faulty APR LPFP (same issue Halvie is fighting as well as other Golf R owners).
guy said:
1.5 miles out and a check engine light

When stopped for gas a few miles out, they checked the dipstick and it was very apparent that there was much fuel in the oil. The valve train noise was also extremely loud by that point. Keep in mind that this is fewer than 100 miles from the supposed oil change that APR did after the 500 mile break-in.

Yes, the car being totaled was due to a rear end collision and the power train was not damaged. That does not mean that the engine was healthy. Upon draining the oil, the oil had very prominent metal particulates and a UOA analysis confirmed the excessive metal wear and blow-by.

You can make your own judgments as to whether or not the engine was built correctly. Keep in mind, the engine builder himself didn't back his own work and instead chose to make comments about being happy that my vehicle was totaled. Seeing as how nothing negative was said at that point, I was on original great terms with APR + him being pleased that I sent over a bottle of Crown Royal XR to the company...why would he make a comment like that?

APR would not tell me how many motors blew besides the first one that was mentioned unofficially by the employee of APR. Motor #1 and #2 were painted red. I have pictures of those. Motor #3, the one which arrived in my vehicle that had the smoking issues, blowby, noisy valve train & etc, was the OE black finish. Pictures said employee posted of the engine the other day confirms the OE black block.

I know which employee now has my engine and I hope that he's happy with one of the original wisconsin precision casting exhaust manifolds. The current APR manifolds are from China and there are quality differences between the two.

Please take the time to do some research on the situation without blindly taking the words of representatives of companies. This doesn't solely apply to just APR and cars. At the end of the day, what you post is a reflection on yourself. It's not worth sacrificing your reputation to further someone else's goals.

Dave

crew219

Banned
Tin foil hat check time:

Maybe after these threads/trolling bankrupt corsa and their impending euro rsc line o parts, everyone's favorite haterd company will offer a trade in program to switch to one of their new in house built/branded/technologified systems at a discounted cost.

conspiracy on!

No discounts! It'll lower gross margins ;)

Didn't you see the last fall sale by APR/Mangrove?

dscline

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you by chance "Read" the marketing drivel in that screen shot?
its says limited use of packing and no baffles for a blah blah blah.

Is this "limited use" of packing material?

Where is the low frequency channel shown in that ad? How do sound pulses get reflected 180° out of phase with the incoming pulse, as shown in the ad, when the image shown above has no tuned chamber? What the above picture shows is what the ad describes as the inferior competition's design:

Misleading APR marketing material said:
A simple type of muffler is the louder single flow-through resonated design, where exhaust gases move down a perforated tube encased in sound-absorbing materials.

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
It vaguely describes nearly nothing of what we saw in those photos.

i Disagree. if you for one minute cover up the " block diagram" of the RSC and read the text, and look at the cut away photos of the actual exhausts........

No discounts! It'll lower gross margins ;)

Didn't you see the last fall sale by APR/Mangrove?

oh yeah. twas sweet wasnt it. boost taps for all!:)

Is this "limited use" of packing material?

Where is the low frequency channel shown in that ad? How do sound pulses get reflected 180° out of phase with the incoming pulse, as shown in the ad, when the image shown above has no tuned chamber? What the above picture shows is what the ad describes as the inferior competition's design:
Most assuredly limited :)

Their actual text description in that ad says nothing about the "low frequency channel". everyone is looking at a block diagram and assuming thats whats inside, all the mufflers.
yeah i agree thats a perforated core muffler we are looking at the guts of, as described in the ad. i just dont see the ad saying anything about it being inferior in what is presented. maybe that text is under the palm holding the ad.

dscline

Passed Driver's Ed
Their actual text description in that ad says nothing about the "low frequency channel". everyone is looking at a block diagram and assuming thats whats inside, all the mufflers.
LOL, so from your point of view, a company can use whatever pictures they want in an add to insinuate that is the product they are selling, as long as the text of the add doesn't explicitly verify all the details in the picture? Even the text says "undesirable sound waves combine destructively with each other..." which is what the image in the ad shows. The photo of the real thing is a conventional packed design that absorbs acoustic energy, rather than using tuned cancelation.

yeah i agree thats a perforated core muffler we are looking at the guts of, as described in the ad. i just dont see the ad saying anything about it being inferior in what is presented. maybe that text is under the palm holding the ad.
No, the insinuation is quite clear in that ad... the text on the left side describes two types of systems: a packed perforated core design, and Supersprint's design that loops the exhaust twice for sound suppression. Then the right side of the text goes on to say that APR's Reflective Sound Cancelation works with limited use of packing materials and a completely straight and free flowing exhaust path. They are clearly trying to differentiate their product from the other designs described in the left side, then provide an image that correlates with how they've described theirs as working (sound cancelation).

If you don't see that as highly misleading, then I don't know what else to say.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
i Disagree. if you for one minute cover up the " block diagram" of the RSC and read the text, and look at the cut away photos of the actual exhausts........

Nice try.

Golf R Exhaust marketed with this:

Yet, when cut open... there's this:

Look at all that material they packed in there to tune out the tones. :rolleyes:

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
LOL, so from your point of view, a company can use whatever pictures they want in an add to insinuate that is the product they are selling, as long as the text of the add doesn't explicitly verify all the details in the picture? Even the text says "undesirable sound waves combine destructively with each other..." which is what the image in the ad shows. The photo of the real thing is a conventional packed design that absorbs acoustic energy, rather than using tuned cancelation.

No, the insinuation is quite clear in that ad... the text on the left side describes two types of systems: a packed perforated core design, and Supersprint's design that loops the exhaust twice for sound suppression. Then the right side of the text goes on to say that APR's Reflective Sound Cancelation works with limited use of packing materials and a completely straight and free flowing exhaust path. They are clearly trying to differentiate their product from the other designs described in the left side, then provide an image that correlates with how they've described theirs as working (sound cancelation).

If you don't see that as highly misleading, then I don't know what else to say.

WTF do you all think marketing is?
your not looking at engineering drawings.
i could use two chickens with open beaks drawn in a muffler to explain RSC, does that mean you would expect chickens in the Mufflers? ;)

No, the point that is getting missed here is..............WAIT!!!! WHAT its analogy time kids....YAY!

If you take someone out to the woods and make them dig their own grave, dont let them hit you with the damn shovel before you fill the hole with them.

or

If you are trying to convince people some mid size company that makes aftermarket parts is lying out their bloody assholes about said parts, dont pick an ambiguous ad with a blue muffler and straight red lines with tiny arrows to try and make your prima facia case.