GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

General Car, Inferior or Superior Interior, & Eternal Mullet Barge Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Oh I agree, its quite a deal at $25k. But dat depreciation! I wonder how low they'll go, really. My GTI for example seems to have no bottom out point. Used MKV GTI's go for anywhere from $11k to $7k.

Luxury cars usually have a very steep depreciation curve in the first year, and flattens out quickly after. I bet these base cars will settle in the mid to low 20's for the next few years. 3-Series aren't a whole lot better if you look at them. Find a base 13 328i stick with zero options (if you can).

That cueless interior sure is ugly

Yea, I really don't care for the base radio. There's also universal hate for it on the forums, so it could be tough to live with.

Still....

RWD, 270 HP, 2.0T, Brembo brakes, LSD, 6MT, <$25k.

Unbeatable performance car.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
If you don't have a nice interior in a cadillac you might as well get a 5.0 mustang and run circles around it every day. Sorry I see 0 appeal in that car.

PetrolHead

If you don't have a nice interior in a cadillac you might as well get a 5.0 mustang and run circles around it every day. Sorry I see 0 appeal in that car.

The rest of the interior is the same. It's just the center stack. Throwing out the car because the center stack is ugly is like throwing it out because the gauge cluster plastic looks cheap...oh wait...

Also, this is 300 lbs lighter than a 5.0, with two extra doors (versatility) and significantly better handling. Different strokes.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
Luxury cars usually have a very steep depreciation curve in the first year, and flattens out quickly after. I bet these base cars will settle in the mid to low 20's for the next few years. 3-Series aren't a whole lot better if you look at them. Find a base 13 328i stick with zero options (if you can).

The manual transmission is probably responsible for half of that car's depreciation. The market for stick shift luxury turbo-4 sedans is pretty small. In this market segment, even I would prefer an automatic.

I personally wouldn't get an ATS. The microwave buttons would drive me mad. Too bad, they're cool cars otherwise. And they look great.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
Also, this is 300 lbs lighter than a 5.0, with two extra doors (versatility) and significantly better handling. Different strokes.

Yeah. My friend's 2011 GT felt unnecessarily boaty in the turns. Capable or not, it didn't inspire a whole lot of confidence. And the braking nose dive is ridiculous.

PetrolHead

The manual transmission is probably responsible for half of that car's depreciation. The market for stick shift luxury turbo-4 sedans is pretty small. In this market segment, even I would prefer an automatic.

I personally wouldn't get an ATS. The microwave buttons would drive me mad. Too bad, they're cool cars otherwise. And they look great.

You'd prefer an auto in a 3-series? Interesting.

I don't think the capacitive buttons deserve all the hate they get. I've never had a problem in my car.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
The rest of the interior is the same. It's just the center stack. Throwing out the car because the center stack is ugly is like throwing it out because the gauge cluster plastic looks cheap...oh wait...

While it is lighter it lacks over 140hp compared to the mustang. That particular caddy is cheap for a reason. Not only does it have a shitty center stack it also lacks a nice stereo, and a manual.

Makes little sense hence the depreciation. If you wanted to go fast... you get something else, if you wanted to get a badge you get a cheaper 2.5 model or different car altogether.

PetrolHead

While it is lighter it lacks over 140hp compared to the mustang. That particular caddy is cheap for a reason. Not only does it have a shitty center stack it also lacks a nice stereo, and a manual.

Makes little sense hence the depreciation. If you wanted to go fast... you get something else, if you wanted to get a badge you get a cheaper 2.5 model or different car altogether.

Some people (maybe just myself) put a lot of value in the way a car drives. :iono:

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
You'd prefer an auto in a 3-series? Interesting.

I don't think the capacitive buttons deserve all the hate they get. I've never had a problem in my car.

Yeah. I'd prefer an auto in just about anything at this point. Living in the world of stop signs every 100 feet will do that, unfortunately. I like manuals for driving fun, but you can't have any fun driving in this city.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion

... I can hear the jimmies rustling....

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
Status
Not open for further replies.