GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

General Car, Inferior or Superior Interior, & Eternal Mullet Barge Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Back on topic, please....

Dubvee

Go Kart Champion
Wow. Pizza mattress review. That shit got real real quick. Put plac on suicide watch. 10/10 would blow my mind to again.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Interesting that's a 2+2 Datsun and not just the 2 seater

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
My pizza mattress Model Code: R.E.M.8 review:

* (Day 1)I got the pizza mattress, it is really great. Financing it got me $10 back at Starbucks. Laid down on it for a bit last night, loved it for the quick 5min test I did, which I could describe in about 20mins. Video to come later.

* (4hours later) Dropped the kids off at daycare, not really feeling if the pizza mattress was the right selection for me - my back was a little stiff this morning, more than usual. I dunno, maybe I made the wrong decision.

* (6hours later - same day) I took a 3hour nap this afternoon and the pizza mattress did a great job. I don't know what I would have done without it and would recommend everyone buy one. I woke up feeling refreshed and even bonerized, like I had installed my 8th downpipe or 47th intake.

* (2hours later - same day) Just had dinner and listened to Rush. I think the pizza mattress may be slightly soft on the pillow top, while the overall assessment of the mattress itself is "firm". Hard to say... but, I may have to consider returning the pizza mattress within the 30 day window to get a full refund, if I can't balance out the firm with the soft. But I liked the soft though.

* (next day) Still really considering returning the pizza mattress. Well.. here's my YouTube video where I've ranted and raved about it in the initial 24hours, please check it out and subscribe to my channel.

* (next day after that) I put the pizza mattress in the garage today and listed it on Craigslist. This one guy wanted me to ship it to him next day air, but I really don't know - it's expensive to do that, but ya know, everybody just kinda expects things to be shipped very quickly these days, so its hard being a seller. Will have to review further internally.

* (2 days go by) I ended up selling the pizza mattress and shipped it to a guy in NYC. I lost a ton of money on the shipping, but I guess that's how that kind of stuff goes. I think in the end, it was the right decision to make. It was just bothering me too much on the negatives of the pizza mattress, that I couldn't go on with it, and wouldnt' recommend that anyone buy one.

* (3 days go by) gosh, I laid down for another nap today and I was really remembering that first 24hr period where I really enjoyed the pizza mattress... maybe I shouldn't have sold it, I mean, they did a great job for 3hour naps, but not so much for 6-8 hours of prolonged sleep. Something to ponder...

* (next day) I just re-ordered the same pizza mattress, and am really hoping to stick with it this time around. It definitely made a huge difference and everyone should buy one.

Yeah but you only get 0.125% cash back when you purchase it on your Discover card.

Getting .125% back...twice?

*fist pump*

Sweet.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
What engine is that in that Ford? Looks like a flat head with OHC heads.

I want to think it's a Y Block with the distributor in the rear, but I'm not really familiar with Fords before the 289/302/351W/C.

It is an Olds Rocket. Can't tell what size/vintage, but best guess would be a 400ci. Looks to be a bog block though.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

jnj2455

Ready to race!
idk where else to really put this without looking too hard but I finally drove a DSG for an extended period of time (my pop's new car as aforementioned) and I can't say I love it...

I was sitting in traffic for a while and my first thought was this is freaking jerky for an "automatic"

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
idk where else to really put this without looking too hard but I finally drove a DSG for an extended period of time (my pop's new car as aforementioned) and I can't say I love it...

I was sitting in traffic for a while and my first thought was this is freaking jerky for an "automatic"

Normal driving the DSG is fine. Stop and go or crawling on the freeway it really does feel awful.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

It's a bit jerky, especially in manual/sport mode. In 1st gear, it feels like the throttle is either at 100% or 0%. For stop and go, I just bring it into drive.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
It is an Olds Rocket. Can't tell what size/vintage, but best guess would be a 400ci. Looks to be a bog block though.

Holy not seeing the forest for the trees, Batman!

The damned thing says Oldsmobile Rocket right on it. :eek:

Today I go back to my optometrist for him to verify my new contact lenses I was fitted for last Friday. I'm going to slap him in the face. ;)

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Holy not seeing the forest for the trees, Batman!

The damned thing says Oldsmobile Rocket right on it. :eek:

Today I go back to my optometrist for him to verify my new contact lenses I was fitted for last Friday. I'm going to slap him in the face. ;)

What an idiot! :laugh:

So selling my GTI isn't going that well. So far I've been offered 13.7k and left. Don't know how you guys change cars all the time, getting out of one is rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.