GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Getting yellow warning lights

Maj.Woody

Central system warning and Engine control malfunctioning. Car drives and sounds fine. Has about 1200 miles on it. Car has never been tracked. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Last edited:

Maj.Woody

The lights went out about a week ago and never came back on. Again, the car drives fine so I am going to chalk this one up to software failure rather than a true mechanical problem

Topaz

Passed Driver's Ed
Christmas tree sometimes...snow on sensors...warning lights...Big flash the other day looked like brake fail...SOS light been on for two weeks ...reset tomorrow hopefully.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
I don't know if this is helpful but I will put it out there. So I was talking with this guy in Italy who was having these Travel assist and Emergency Assist faults popping on and off for 7 months. He decided to find what was causing the problem. He opened up the plastic parts around the back of the steering wheel and noticed a couple of white connectors that moved sideways very easily and decided to use a drop of hot glue between the connecter and the side wall of the steering wheel to stop thd connectors from moving. After 1 month he has had no more faults appearing.
Now if this is a solution for many I don't know but I think it is worth looking into it.
In the photo you see the white top connector but there are more on the bottom also.

IMG_7023.jpg

Last edited: