GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Glad this sections is here

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Yep, thanks to JJ-R32 for splitting them out for me.

I'll keep moving threads over as I get time. Should make it easier for the Golf owners :)

isons429

Ready to race!
Great work to all involved. Thanks again, glad to know that the 2.5's have not been forgotten:w00t:

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
This section should have a sub title "shoulda gotten a GTI"

Haha just teasing...nothing wrong with getting a little more go from the 2.5

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
This section should have a sub title "shoulda gotten a GTI"

Haha just teasing...nothing wrong with getting a little more go from the 2.5

BUUURN. :laugh:

They are
+1 cylinder
-1 turbo
-1 gear

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Glad to see the new section is getting used! I'll keep going back and sorting out the original section.

GolfingMK6

Ready to race!
BUUURN. :laugh:

They are
+1 cylinder
-1 turbo
-1 gear

lol honestly, after driving both and reading everything i could find, i still decided to go with the 2.5. It sounds better IMO, and a few less things to go wrong. Dont get me wrong the GTI is a great car, but in the end NA just seemed like a better route. Its not a question of better or worse, its a preference.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Its def going to be more reliable... that's for sure.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Just have to wait for the tune and other things to come. The only drawback ive found so far.

Well one thing to remember, a "tune" will not yield any results that are even comparable to a GTI/TDI tune.
Mainly because the engine is N/A.

The tunes on the GTI/TDI up the boost of the turbo adding significant Hp/tq.

On a N/A you can only adjust transmission shift points and possibly fuel maps, the gains will be MINIMAL (5-10hp tops).

GolfingMK6

Ready to race!
Well one thing to remember, a "tune" will not yield any results that are even comparable to a GTI/TDI tune.
Mainly because the engine is N/A.

The tunes on the GTI/TDI up the boost of the turbo adding significant Hp/tq.

On a N/A you can only adjust transmission shift points and possibly fuel maps, the gains will be MINIMAL (5-10hp tops).

Yeah youre right, i didnt plan on tuning, just speaking in general for everyone with the 2.5. Just saying that so far a lot of things seem to be few and far between.