GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Go Texas

Texas_MkV

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Just commented on your ride Faerus. Just wanted to say that you have good taste :smile:

Texas_MkV

The highway was messed up on my way home, so I tried to take an alternate route. Figured I would have a nice drive. Long story short … I got really lost lol. I finally found my way home, but I had to drive through the area in Westminister that got hit by the tornado on Monday night. I don't know if you heard about this on the news, but it killed three people.

I was looking at all the houses, and I was thinking man it really doesn't look all that bad out here. Maybe they have already cleared everything up, and boom there it was. I came around the corner, and everything looked totally different. It was easy to see where the houses use to be and all the trees looked like they had been sucked dry. All the leaves were gone and they looked like they were dead. It has been four days since it happened and they have cleared most of it, but it still gave me chills.

Mother Nature is powerful, and we should never underestimate her.

May those who died rest in peace.

laserjock

Autocross Newbie
scuderiavw said:
what will happen when Spurs kick y'alls butts tomorrow? (how f.... provocative can I get?:laugh: )

I'm not a Mavs fan but I think IF the Spurs do get by the Mavs the more appropiate question is what will happen when the Spurs get there arses handed to them by the Pistons in the finals????:biggrin:

Tofu 101

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey fellas. For those of you in Houston, what dealership did you go to, and how much did you pay for your GTI? Also, what are the different packages consist of? (I see pkg1 and 2 etc. sorry I'm a newb lol) I am thinking of maybe trading in my Cobalt SS/SC for a GTI. I love my SS to death, but I need something a little more "subtle", so to speak, that is still quick. Hopefully I can find a good deal on one. :)

Thanks

trick000

Tofu 101 said:
That's not bad for the DSG. I am hoping to get a 6-speed base model, but am having trouble even finding them.

Yeah I wanted a pkg 0 as well but it is really hard to find them. You'll probably have to order it and wait a few months if you really wanted that. If you wanna test drive the GTI the lady at clearlake VW was pretty nice although she didn't wanna budge on her price. I think she quoted me $25800 for the same pkg.

Tofu 101

Passed Driver's Ed
trick000 said:
Yeah I wanted a pkg 0 as well but it is really hard to find them. You'll probably have to order it and wait a few months if you really wanted that. If you wanna test drive the GTI the lady at clearlake VW was pretty nice although she didn't wanna budge on her price. I think she quoted me $25800 for the same pkg.

Yeah I was just looking on Clearlake VW's site. But they only have 1.8Ts listed, no MKV's. I suppose I'll have to just drive up there. West Houston Volkswagen has what appears to be a base model Reflex Silver GTI for $23k. I might go check her out tomorrow. I have to test drive one before I make any decisions. :smile:

andrewt

Autocross Champion
i find that vw dealers are notoriously bad about keeping their website inventories up to date. it should be noted that VW still made some MkIV's as a 2006 model year, so that reflex silver one may or may not be a MkV, since reflex silver is extremely rare in the US. most dealerships in houston will have a GTI or two on the lot, though.