GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Going homeless/car squatting for a couple months. Concerns/advice?

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Extended stays have decent rates, some shitty motel 6s can be had pretty cheap as well. For at least a couple of nights a week at least.

Damn we got our first official bum up in here.

Brace yourselves.

The bums are coming.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
When you ask for opinions, expect opinions. We are only voicing ours, at the end of the day it's his decision. NFG

Sonnytron

Ready to race!
When you ask for opinions, expect opinions. We are only voicing ours, at the end of the day it's his decision. NFG

Maybe because I wasn't asking for opinions?

Like honestly, you can come to whatever weird fantasy conclusions you want to think you were right and I was wrong. At the end of the day, that's what makes you as simple minded as you are. You've defined a box and you're well content to live within the boundaries of it.

At the end of the day, I was presented with a situation that could crush me and I decided to think of a way to get around it without being hammered into more debt from it or making compromising lifestyle decisions.

I'd rather sleep in my car, have enough money to afford good food, vitamins and supplements to keep my body and mind healthy, than to pay a full month of rent for a room I will sleep in 3 nights out of the week.

I've considered a cheap living room 10-15 minutes away from campus and working something out with the tenants. Maybe $150 a month since I'm only sleeping there 3 days a week plus storage/showers. It's honestly something I'm going to look into but I'm not going to avoid car bunking at least a few days a week.

But yeah, you guys got a dollar?

razr390

Go Kart Champion
I am simple minded because I wouldn't sleep in my car.

K done with this thread lol, OP if you didn't care you wouldn't have made a topic. And stop getting so butthurt, you're going to do what you want anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
As for smart finacial decisions...do you have enough expendable "extra" cash laying around? Why couldn't you buy a shitty van? More than enough room to be able to lay out in the back, and if it's not an OLD van with a 350 or something in it, it would probably get similar gas milage to the GTI.

Use that to commute for two months, you have all of your sleeping/crashing essentials in the back to sleep decently comfortably, and you would save the miles and nasty smell on the GTI.

You could probably aquire a van that would fit the task for like 2-2500 bucks. When you are done with it sell it two months later for at least what you paid and you'd probably break even.

If that's not an option, I'd just search craigslist for someone renting a room short term or something. Fucking sleeping in a GTI a few days a week for 2 months. That idea sounds terrible. I've slept in mine once for a few hours to sober up before driving home and even being completely hammered it wasn't comfortable.

Off topic...but if I'm reading correctly, how are you working as an ME without actually having a degree in the field? Is it an internship? I only graduated 4 years ago, but I know that wouldn't have ever happened then. I'm an ME as well.

Sonnytron

Ready to race!
As for smart finacial decisions...do you have enough expendable "extra" cash laying around? Why couldn't you buy a shitty van? More than enough room to be able to lay out in the back, and if it's not an OLD van with a 350 or something in it, it would probably get similar gas milage to the GTI.

Use that to commute for two months, you have all of your sleeping/crashing essentials in the back to sleep decently comfortably, and you would save the miles and nasty smell on the GTI.

You could probably aquire a van that would fit the task for like 2-2500 bucks. When you are done with it sell it two months later for at least what you paid and you'd probably break even.

If that's not an option, I'd just search craigslist for someone renting a room short term or something. Fucking sleeping in a GTI a few days a week for 2 months. That idea sounds terrible. I've slept in mine once for a few hours to sober up before driving home and even being completely hammered it wasn't comfortable.

Off topic...but if I'm reading correctly, how are you working as an ME without actually having a degree in the field? Is it an internship? I only graduated 4 years ago, but I know that wouldn't have ever happened then. I'm an ME as well.

It's more about licensing than it is about the degree and I have my EIT license. They also knew I was a course short. I was supposed to finish the course up here but instead I got screwed by the college in this area when they decided they won't let me take the course unless I articulate myself as a full time student (meaning, get a degree from them and not my #13 world ranked university I went to for three years as a transfer student). The degree name matters to me since I plan on doing graduate school so that wasn't going down.

Also, I'm actually giving the van route some thought.

I'm considering getting a 2000+ 4 cylinder van and then insurance so I can use it for Lyft. That way I can sleep in it, vacuum/Febreze it and then use it for part time work as a Lyft driver. I can make $150 a day driving for Lyft. It'd only take me 12-13 Saturdays before the van is paid off.

Plus Lyft is a GREAT way to get laid.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Holy trolling

Living the the dream in a van... while getting laid... while driving... while going to school

Sonnytron

Ready to race!
Holy trolling

Living the the dream in a van... while getting laid... while driving... while going to school

You guys really don't think it's possible to have sex with girls in college because somewhere in the city, you have a van? Like that's what I'm going to use to pick them up?

All the years I spent, learning how to hit on girls on the way to class or at parties, or at the mall, while dressed nicely and smelling good. All that shit is out the window. It's time to drive by them while they're walking home, in my van. :rolleyes:

PS, hitting on girls while driving for Lyft with a van means nothing. Almost every Lyft passenger in my city is a college aged/college graduate girl. And they really don't give a shit what you drive. Going to school, having a job, looking and smelling nice is like 85% of the work toward getting laid. You guys really do have questionable reading comprehension.

Man... I used to think most GTI owners went to school in some capacity.

Now I have doubts.

barnes93cb

Go Kart Champion
Man... I used to think most GTI owners went to school in some capacity.

Now I have doubts.

And asshole comments like this are why people arent being very helpful to you.

Yes many people are telling you what to do or what they would do. But many are also trying to tell you (from experience) why staying in the GTI for two months would be such a terrible idea. There have also been a few people attempting to give you very good alternatives or advice for staying in the GTI.

Ive stayed in my GTI for two nights before. Its not comfortable and my back was sore. If you want to do it go for it. You do have to worry about cops depending on where you park. Its a bad idea to drink in the car as a general rule of thumb. And I have no idea why you decided to include information about your sex life in this. But whatever.

It looks like you have already planned out how to shower and get meals. And you would have a place to sleep. So its all planned out. Aside from going insane which you seem to already be. There shouldnt be any health concerns.