GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf 8 disable steering wheel heating

mk8_rr

Good day, friends! I updated my steering wheel with carbon one. But the new steering wheel is without heating. Now when I'm starting the car, I get the failure on the dashboard. Its not annoying, but I would like to code it with OBD11, so it won't come up.
Thanks in advance!

Trevor M

While waiting for my new Golf delivery (I have 6 months to spare, hopefully less!) I have seen on another forum that it is possible to do what you require. I am not sure if I am permitted to give the URL on this forum, so have not done so; however if you google "golf 8 disable heated steering wheel" you should be able to find the procedure.

Caveat: I take no responsibility for any adverse effects of utilising this procedure.

Hope it is of use to you though.

mk8_rr

While waiting for my new Golf delivery (I have 6 months to spare, hopefully less!) I have seen on another forum that it is possible to do what you require. I am not sure if I am permitted to give the URL on this forum, so have not done so; however if you google "golf 8 disable heated steering wheel" you should be able to find the procedure.

Caveat: I take no responsibility for any adverse effects of utilising this procedure.

Hope it is of use to you though.
Hi bro! Yeah, I've seen that URL (it was a first step when I get my new steering wheel). I disable it, how it's show on that forum. But now when I'm starting the car, I still get the "steering heating" failure(
Anyway, thanks for trying to help me!