GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf 8 - forcing radio to continue playing?

p.eTSI

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all, this may be a CarPlay issue, but interested in any tips:

Scenario:
Car radio is playing
Phone/Google Maps connects via CarPlay
Car radio continue to play, no issues
A phone call arrives, you hold the conversation via CarPlay/car speakers, phone call finishes
(n) Car radio no longer continues to play (sometimes silence, sometimes music from the phone cues to play!)

Issue:
😒The above means I have to exit CarPlay, go to the Radio menu, tap the radio station to allow radio to continue playing, and then go back to CarPlay

Is there a way to ensure the Radio continues to play, or is this expected behaviour?

Reactions: tos

Ghawk

Ready to race!
Similar experience in my GLI. Listening to XM and using Waze and get a phone call. After the call I lose Waze. Couldn’t get Waze even by shutting down all infotainment applications and restarting. After returning home, I briefly disconnected the battery and all was right again. Since then, I discovered a infotainment reminder to shut off CarPlay when I attempted to make a phone call. I believe the culprit is XM as it uses it’s own tuner. Guessing that listening to music via the radio AM or FM or using CarPlay would not interfere with the phone.

VgRt6

Ready to race!
Same issue on my Autobahn. After a phone call (my first one through the infotainment system), absolutely no sound from the radio. I rebooted the infotainment three times and no improvement (this has helped for other nuisance issues). I’m stumped.