GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf eTSI

daveb14

I am looking at a Golf Mk8 eTSI model and noticed it has a large battery under the drivers seat in the UK. Does any one who has model find the battery annoying in any way? Does it catch your feet?

Thanks

Handydave

Go Kart Newbie
No - never notice it. Not a problem.

Tony oddjob

Firstly, it's not a battery, it's a box of electronics, and it has certainly never got in my way. I've had the etsi model for a couple of months now and it is a fantastic car, best I've ever owned, it seems to pre empt my every decision and carries it out very smoothly. Brilliant car, don't be put off by the negative publicity regarding the infotainment system, I think most people don't take the time to find out how easy it all is.

Handydave

Go Kart Newbie
I thought it was the 48 volt battery for the mild hybrid system - allowing the car to coast and giving seamless restarts when in traffic?

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
No the 48V battery is under the driver seat with the DC/DC under the passenger seat:

090557FF-74B2-4151-AC6B-0B8ADBFD7346.jpeg

daveb14

Glad to here know one has issues with the box under the seat. Does anyone know if the eTSI uses the DQ200 gearbox or the DQ200e?

Mototi

Hi,
Does anybody have the same difficulties?
Every time the car switches to the so-called "sailing mode" and especially when the engine is switched on again, I can hear a clearly audible, high-frequency, annoying (electronic) "beeping" noise.

Best regards