GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf Mark8 Style 15 etsi - Retro fitting Reverse Camera

HSS

I have recently bought a second hand style golf with only 3,901 miles on the clock. Does anyone have any experience of retro fitting a Reverse Camera which use the badge at the back. I am still waiting for the local garage to come back to me on this but I have seen some places on the internet who can do this also.

Thanks for your help

Hugh

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Jumping in late: saw a video on Youtube where a German guy (had subs in English) retro-fitted a reverse camera [was on a Mk7], seem to recall the biggest grief / hassle was threading the wiring, the unit seemed to be a direct bolt-on replacement for the existing badge / boot release, I'll have to check. Me: I wouldn't bother. Reasons are: my last last Mk7 1.5 1.5TSi Match Edition had the reverse camera, was useful at times but also was too easy to look into the 'centre screen view' and less 'Mk1 human eye-balling' and maintaining all-round vision for suicidal idiots. If your Golf has parking distance sensors I find these much more useful, and like I said I don't miss the rear view camera, but hey it's your car and if you have, say, mobility issues with turning in your seat or some such & want the camera then by all means go for it, good luck.....

Last edited: