GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R 20

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
There's a limited edition Golf R 20 coming to celebrate 20 years of the R.
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/...golf-r-20-years-most-powerful-production-golf

Yes, there are quite a few R 20 posts doing the rounds on vwroc.com and golfgtiforum.co.uk forums.

I don’t like the glossy piano black trim on the centre console - a magnet for finger marks, dust, scratches and swirls. I do like the real carbon fibre trim on the dashboard and on the trim strip inserts on the door cards though. I even quite like the blue alloys seen on the white car in the pictures 😎.

Eric6014

Ready to race!
Order now for delivery in 2025
It'd be great if they did a direct order option like they did when the MK7 first launched. I read an article recently that Mercedes is planning to have 80% of new car orders be direct with the manufacturer or online sales within the next few years. VW needs to get with the program. If the regular R can't be had for less than $5K to $10K over MSRP, I hate to think how much dealers will be marking this one up.

cycler

The article says that the limited edition comes with a more powerful 328bhp engine which is 22bhp more powerful than the current Golf R engine. However VW claims the current Golf R has 315bhp/316bhp (depends which specs you look at) If we go by what the article says, then the current Golf R should only have 305bhp/306bhp instead of 315bhp or 316bhp Or maybe the article made a mistake, and instead of writing 337bhp/338bhp they wrote 328bhp. Unless Im wrong in how I read the beginning of the article. Im basing 315bhp on what the US VW shows. Is the European Golf R rated at 328bhp which would make the 20 year Golf are rated at 348bhp?

Eric6014

Ready to race!
The euro version is 320 PS (metric horsepower), which equates to 315 HP

cycler

The euro version is 320 PS (metric horsepower), which equates to 315 HP
So would that mean the extra power would mean 344bhp in Europe and 337bhp in the US? Is the 20 year anniversary only going to be sold in Europe? Or is there any news of it coming to the US as well?

MIKE PP.

Go Kart Newbie
So would that mean the extra power would mean 344bhp in Europe and 337bhp in the US? Is the 20 year anniversary only going to be sold in Europe? Or is there any news of it coming to the US as well?
Car and Driver states The Golf R 20 Years' engine is tuned to produce 329 horsepower, an increase of 14 hp over the U.S.-spec car's 315 hp. There's also a feature called Emotion Start that revs the engine to 2500 rpm when you start up the car—basically just to create more noise. It is coming to the US later, according to the report!