GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R MK8 and price insanity... Share you experience and opinions

bentin

Autocross Champion
Doesn’t do you a lot of good, but I’ve got a deal for MSRP on my Mk8 R. I bought my Mk7 and Mk7.5 GTI’s from this guy, which probably helps. He did mention that the dealer he was at when I bought my two cars is getting $10k markups on their R’s. Glad he moved.

If you feel like a long road trip, come to Texas. I’d offer you a place to stay, but the dealer is 200 miles from me.

ReflexSilver

Just talked to a Dealer in Dover, DE - $6k over list for the MK8 R they have on the lot right now... glad I caved and went with the MK8 GTi.

mattywalker3

I’m in the UK, I ordered a GTI Clubsport back in September 21. I added a few options on, list price of the car at the time was £37,000 and with the options it came to just over £41,000. I’ve just had a look now and the same spec car is £45,000 and that’s minus a few of the options I’ve because they’re no longer even listed on the website. Glad I ordered when I did. I was initially told I can expect a delivery date of March 22, then in February I was told June and just last week I have been told September 22.

ilikevenice

Passed Driver's Ed
Personally, I gave up trying to find a MK8: there are few available and the dealers are asking $15K over sticker price.
I can't justify paying $60K for a Golf R DSG...

hooligan74

Ready to race!
Yeah, it's crazy right now. If you can find a Golf R on the lot - and I've found a couple - they are typically asking $8-10K+ over MSRP.

Fuck that, I'll just wait for the supply to catch up a bit. I have no problem paying MSRP for an in-demand model, but I will not pay over sticker. It's a sucker's deal going into a depreciating asset acquisition and starting out under water before you even sign the paperwork.

Braxton

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got a us 2022 gti se for sticker. It had a harmon kardon delete and the dealer added mats, first aid kit, roadside kit, and security etching.