GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
Spotted this bad boy today while driving around. LED tails and no amber markers in the front, plus a DSG, so it's a Euro-Spec model obviously just doing some hot weather testing here in AZ.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
Very nice.

It looked pretty good. The brakes looked nice too. Looked to be about the same size as the previous R, but the calipers looked quite a bit bigger, were black in color, with a white R in the middle. It also looked like they had it loaded with something since the rear was lower than the front. It also had the DSG fart when she was getting on the freeway. I was hoping she'd speed so I can get a closer look and a lot more pics, but she stuck to the speed limit lol

DanSan

meerkat
should have followed him and taken the car. maybe he would have led you to more euro spec golf r's lol

MercuryECS

Winning
At work we have a tuned MKVI that has been modified to be...sort of...like a Golf R. Freaking sick car. Haven't gotten to drive it yet though. Sadness.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
i thought the US bound golf r was only coming in a 6 speed this time???
i read this in some road&track/car&driver etc review. I remember the author making a comment how vw should just offer 50/50.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
That's a Golf R clone. You've all been trolled.

It was very much a Euro Spec Golf R...AWD...big brakes...DSG..LED tails..Euro front bumper...even had the rear seats wrapped in plastic...hence the manufacturer testing plate...came back registered to VW of America Corp. with a PERM for expiration date..meaning they can put that plate on many different cars within their fleet.

And yes, the US-Spec Golf R will only come in a 6 speed, 2 or 4 door, and will not have the LED tails, only the LED running lights with HID headlights.