GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GolfWang’s Green Alltrack

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Sweet ride man - hope it serves you well.
Thanks dude me too haha. This forum has ruined me, I’m already looking at Cayenne GTS Springs and Bilstein B6 HDs hahahaha.

Fortunately the Cayenne parts are so expensive I can’t even dream of affording them so that’ll keep me from modding the car too much. The engine and trans are fantastic from the factory, both the hardware and software.

Coming from 3 MK7 Golfs, The OEM eng/Tran mounts on the V6 TDI Treg are sublime. Much heavier duty (better performing) while retaining that OEM smoothness/isolation. When you floor it from a red light that 400TQ kicks immediately but the entire drivetrain stays solid. That alone makes the car feel so much better, not having blown mounts from the factory.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Thanks dude me too haha. This forum has ruined me, I’m already looking at Cayenne GTS Springs and Bilstein B6 HDs hahahaha.

Fortunately the Cayenne parts are so expensive I can’t even dream of affording them so that’ll keep me from modding the car too much. The engine and trans are fantastic from the factory, both the hardware and software.

Coming from 3 MK7 Golfs, The OEM eng/Tran mounts on the V6 TDI Treg are sublime. Much heavier duty (better performing) while retaining that OEM smoothness/isolation. When you floor it from a red light that 400TQ kicks immediately but the entire drivetrain stays solid. That alone makes the car feel so much better, not having blown mounts from the factory.
I hate to say this - but wait until those repair bills on the big diesel start piling up; also finding mechanics that work on diesels ain't gonna be too fun.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I hate to say this - but wait until those repair bills on the big diesel start piling up; also finding mechanics that work on diesels ain't gonna be too fun.

got 6 years/70K of Factory Powertrain remaining and 8 years/90K of Dieselgate warranty to go. Car will be paid off by time I have to pay for any repairs. Once warranty is up, if/when I have DPF/EGR related issues I’ll just delete it. No emissions for diesels in PA.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
What made you pick a Touareg over a 958 Cayenne Diesel?
I genuinely find the Touareg more attractive. And I do not believe the Porsche or Q7 come with 10 year 100K factory powertrain warranties.

I also can’t afford the Porsche tax. I can swing an overpriced VW with a lock-in warranty that’ll last me till the car is paid off but couldn’t swing something that may cost me thousands in repairs while still making payments.

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE 6mt
Even a Gen 1 Tig? My gf detests the new tiguans but adores the Gen 1. Gen 1 is a pretty girly car lol.

She dislikes the Gen 1 also because it's too girly haha. The current goal is to trade the Civic by the time she hits 100k, and it rolled over 90 this past weekend so tomorrow we're going to swing by Piazza Honda for an appraisal, simply because her dad has been friends with the current Acura sales manager for 25 years. I've already got her interested in checking out a CPO facelift GTI and Alltrack 😂

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE 6mt
Alltracks are hard to find, but so is the purple sport Touring civic hatchback she wants. There is still hope for a pair of VWs in the garage yet!

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I think the perp was nodding out on H, they were on the gas for a few seconds after they slammed into me. Very pleased with how well the Touareg took it compared to the civic.

found the car less than 2 blocks from the collision last night, on the same street headed the same direction.

very distinctive damage to tie it to my car (most notably the square tow hitch hole on their bumper, and the white paint on my damaged tow hitch).

cops are so annoying - when I called the district (not 911) stating I located the vehicle and would like an officer out to update the existing police report that was opened last night with the corroborating details of my discovery, they said no other officer than the one who made it can update it and she’s not in till 11PM. What if the car isn’t there anymore? Craziness.

At least the photos corroborate the descriptions provided last night, and I’ve got the VIN and plates.

Attachments

• 2801B2B7-3210-4464-914B-D27CBBB7BD64.jpeg
    2801B2B7-3210-4464-914B-D27CBBB7BD64.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 66
  • 6E0676E5-144A-42FD-921E-6D435FA9B9FC.jpeg
    6E0676E5-144A-42FD-921E-6D435FA9B9FC.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 63
  • C7C690A7-53CE-4D91-A8A1-53B7D4E9C4A9.jpeg
    C7C690A7-53CE-4D91-A8A1-53B7D4E9C4A9.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 58
  • 9F60806B-5DEA-4DDD-84D0-7D5581F2F85C.jpeg
    9F60806B-5DEA-4DDD-84D0-7D5581F2F85C.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 61
  • 0C639AE5-5D14-40A8-92EC-8669443F5134.jpeg
    0C639AE5-5D14-40A8-92EC-8669443F5134.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 61

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I think the perp was nodding out on H, they were on the gas for a few seconds after they slammed into me. Very pleased with how well the Touareg took it compared to the civic.

found the car less than 2 blocks from the collision last night, on the same street headed the same direction.

very distinctive damage to tie it to my car (most notably the square tow hitch hole on their bumper, and the white paint on my damaged tow hitch).

cops are so annoying - when I called the district (not 911) stating I located the vehicle and would like an officer out to update the existing police report that was opened last night with the corroborating details of my discovery, they said no other officer than the one who made it can update it and she’s not in till 11PM. What if the car isn’t there anymore? Craziness.

At least the photos corroborate the descriptions provided last night, and I’ve got the VIN and plates.

Unfortunately, the chances of the driver of that car being insured look pretty minimal...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Also why I make the recommendation to anyone that the first purchase they buy for their car should be a front and rear facing dashcam.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Also why I make the recommendation to anyone that the first purchase they buy for their car should be a front and rear facing dashcam.

I said to my gf earlier I am getting F+R dash cams for both of us (her car is still in the shop from the wreck in January!).

what should I get lol

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm a fan of Blackvue ones, because I don't like something big and bulky. They have a wide range that cover just about all the features and resolutions. The Viofo ones are also popular (and cheaper than the Blackvue), but they're also quite a bit bulkier. The front facing camera has a screen on it FFS. I don't want something that big!