GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Good news - for a change

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
Kirium said:
I know of another Canberra texxer who's car is on the Medea..

I meant docked and gone... I've got a few old mates in the Navy who spotted a big WW car carrier steaming south this afternoon and let me know...

Yep...left at 3.30pm. I just checked the Port of Melbourne shipping movements for Monday and the Medea is not showing up. Maybe later today.
It certainly left Fremantle on schedule. Are you getting anxious? I just want to be sure that the car arrives in one piece. My brother works for Mercedes Benz in Melbourne and tells me I'd be amazed at how many new cars don't survive the journey. Knock on wood!

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Tensixty6 said:
My brother works for Mercedes Benz in Melbourne and tells me I'd be amazed at how many new cars don't survive the journey. Knock on wood!

That didn't help the anxiousness level at all.... :bonk:

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
Kirium said:
I know of another Canberra texxer who's car is on the Medea..

I meant docked and gone... I've got a few old mates in the Navy who spotted a big WW car carrier steaming south this afternoon and let me know...

The Medea is now on the Port of Melbourne schedule. Arriving 3.00pm Monday.

Gazz

Ready to race!
Hey guys, doesn't getting a new car like the GTI make you feel like a kid again? I got mine last Friday. I'm moving house so I haven't had time to drive any distances but so far it's as good as everything I've read. Even with a tight engine and around town it's showing 9.5 l/100klm. For the level of performance that's amazing. Can only get better.
Check your headlight adjustment at delivery. I've got xenons which are set too high and at night everybody is flashing me. Can't blame them, they are incredibly bright.
The last week's wait is tough but I never got the stage of tracking ship movements. And you'll look a very forlorn figure at the terminal waiting to see your car unloaded. Good luck with yours.

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
Gazz....I see it as my duty to, at the age of 53, have a mid-life crisis and attempt to relive my younger days by buying a "sports car".

It's a responsibility that l must fullfill and i'm embracing it with gusto.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
yeah but its also a sports car that you can still go to the shops in.

SSS_Hoon

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
Well, it finally arrived yesterday, on schedule. About all l can find out now is that it has been transferred to Patrick Autocare's depot in Laverton.

The car has now been sucked into some sort of black hole and no-one seems to know when it will emerge. Patricks' don't know and neither does VWA.

Oh well, l guess I'll just have to be patient.

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
Kirium said:
Mine hits Sydney's Darling Harbour pier 4N at 6pm tomorrow...

Better believe I'll be on that www.viewsydney.com webcam at 5:30...

It will be interesting to compare the time frame of "who gets theirs first".
I've got a 48 hrs head start on you, but, at the end, that might not make any difference.

What prize for the winner? Do l need to answer that?

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Got a call from my dealer yesterday.....

Dealer: "Good news mate, your car's arrived."

Me: "Where? Did it go to melbourne?"

D: "No it's in Sydney"

M: "Really? I didn't think the ship arrived until tomorrow at 1800. That's what it says on Sydneys Port movemments website"

D: "Oh. Well Volkswagens system is saying its status is now 1W, which means it's arrived at the warehouse in Sydney. I'm confused now."

M: "Me too"

D: "I'll find out what the go is and get back to you. It's in the country somewhere tho"

M: "Cool :biggrin: "

VWA's system is either a bit keen or it's dropped the car off in Melbourne.

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
Kirium said:
Got a call from my dealer yesterday.....

Dealer: "Good news mate, your car's arrived."

Me: "Where? Did it go to melbourne?"

D: "No it's in Sydney"

M: "Really? I didn't think the ship arrived until tomorrow at 1800. That's what it says on Sydneys Port movemments website"

D: "Oh. Well Volkswagens system is saying its status is now 1W, which means it's arrived at the warehouse in Sydney. I'm confused now."

M: "Me too"

D: "I'll find out what the go is and get back to you. It's in the country somewhere tho"

M: "Cool :biggrin: "

VWA's system is either a bit keen or it's dropped the car off in Melbourne.

Don't worry mate.....I'll pick it up for you. I've never driven to Sydney at high speed. Should be fun.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Tensixty6 @ VWVortex.com said:
My car arrived in Melbourne on the Medea last Monday 15th.

This is the most frustrating time of all. Knowing that the car is sitting in a yard on the other side of town with no idea of a delivery date. It could still be a couple of weeks away.

Dealer tells me my car probably arrives at the dealership tonight. Patricks' status is now at "delivered"

Sam said if it arrived tonight, it'd probably be ready to pick it up by Friday... :biggrin:

I won't be able to pick it up until monday anyway, but I may still beat you even with your 48hr headstart... :wink:

malkatraz

Touring Car Newbie
Kirium said:
Dealer tells me my car probably arrives at the dealership tonight. Patricks' status is now at "delivered"

Sam said if it arrived tonight, it'd probably be ready to pick it up by Friday... :biggrin:

I won't be able to pick it up until monday anyway, but I may still beat you even with your 48hr headstart... :wink:

Hey hi - I'm the other Canberra texxer Kirium mentioned previously.

I spoke with my dealer today - apparently mine's still on the ship? That doesn't sound right. He reckons there's another 800 vw's on that same ship. Hmmm. This is after being told it arrived last thursday in Melbourne. Stranger and stranger still. Certainly feels like it's been sucked in to a black hole (accurate analogy there, Tensixty6.) I'm hoping to fly down later this week to pick it up but at this stage I was expecting to do so last weekend. No idea what's going on at the moment. I've got last minute jitters.