GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Good Street Front Brake Upgrade?

Jumbo Jetta

Car(s)
21JettaGLI S 6mt
I upgraded my 17 Sport w/PP to the TTS 4 piston calipers and ss braided lines from the original PP large single piston calipers. Works great for spirited street driving in the mountains of NW Arkansas. Not as easy to change pads as the Macan calipers as I understand it if doing track days. Would need to upgrade rotors to 340 mm though. cheapest way may be to upgrade to PP set up and better pads.
Hey how are those tts calipers? I'm looking at putting them on the front if my 21 gli s (pp size rotors)

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Hey how are those tts calipers? I'm looking at putting them on the front if my 21 gli s (pp size rotors)
I've got a set, and before you get into it - make sure you look at the pad selection. It's very limited, wish I had done a bit more research regarding that.

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
I like them for a street set up, however, manu97 is correct the pad selection is really limited. Either you run the stock Audi pads or go to Neuspeed and get some ISweep pads which is what I did. Also, note that to change pads the calipers must be removed as they are not like the Macan calipers that others have used. I also installed SS brake line and went with Neuspeed 2 piece slotted 340 mm rotors.

Jumbo Jetta

Car(s)
21JettaGLI S 6mt
yeah, i would probably be satisfied with stock audi pads.

do i need to upgrade the rear lines to ss at the same time? or can i replace front calipers along with front ss blake lines and not touch the back?

I remember reading somewhere that when you upgrade the front to ss, you also do the back so that they are all ss.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I've had mine for 2 years now and I still like them a lot. Brake feel is improved and they look good IMO. As someone had mentioned the pad selection is quite low with these calipers. From my research the pad options for these calipers are Audi(OEM), iSweep, TRW, and EBC.