GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GoPro vs the rest???

XLT_GTI

Ready to race!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I just have the HD2 and I love it, even with the shitty sound, lol.. I'd love to try one of the newer ones out.

XLT_GTI

Ready to race!
You too, Shane!

I posted my videos in the mountain bike thread. I don't have any video of driving because I don't use public roads as a racetrack lol. I mean if you really want I can put a video together of driving over speed tables?

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
Just got off the phone with GoPro and will be getting a new 3+ Silver Ed. Just have to send the fq'd up one in to get my discount code before being able to order.

Looking forward to playing with the new one.

Thanks GoPro. Great customer service.
:thumbsup:

rc0224

Ready to race!
Thought I'd cont' here other than start another thread...I've recently got myself my first gopro, and im looking to get a suction cup, however, there is a new one came out 302, should I get the newer one or would the older one 301 works?

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
Thought I'd cont' here other than start another thread...I've recently got myself my first gopro, and im looking to get a suction cup, however, there is a new one came out 302, should I get the newer one or would the older one 301 works?

I'll be getting my new one next month and the guy at GoPro I've been talking to says my old one for my Hero will work w/out issues, so I would think you'd be fine with the old one.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
The only difference I see is that the 302 comes with a little bag to hold it, and also has an added quick release base. The quick release base differs from the regular base in that the regular base is a longer arm that mounts directly to the bottom of the GoPro housing with the thumb screw, while the quick release base is a shorter arm with less adjustability but has a flat "clip" mount or whatever it's called on top.

So it's quick release meaning, let's say that you have an adhesive mount on your helmet. You screw the clip thingy to your GoPro housing and then snap it into the mount. Then you decide you want to put your GoPro on the suction cup mount on the side of your car. with the quick release you would just unclip the housing (leaving the screw tightened) and clip it directly into the quick release on the suction cup. Without the quick release, you would unclip the GoPro from your helmet, unscrew the clip thingy from the GoPro housing, and then screw the GoPro housing onto the suction cup mount arm.

So it would save maybe 20-30 seconds overall. But you could also perfectly set up your suction cup mount (and/or adhesive mount, etc.) and then not worry that your GoPro is tilted at the wrong angle when you are trying to quickly loosen/tighten onto the new mount.

Sounds like a good idea and if you are in the market for a suction cup mount I'd say go with the new version, but if you have the older version (I do) I wouldn't feel the need to upgrade.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
my thoughts on the go pro i owned for a few months.

built-in mic was terrible, and even worse with the casing on it.
no LCD in back made it impossible to know what you were shooting.
didnt care for the fish bowl look.

but the quality and HD was very good.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Built in mic definitely sucks. I got a mic adapter and cheap condenser mic for good sound.

IMO, no need for a built in LCD in the back when you can use the wifi app on your phone to easily frame the shot and change settings. Plus an LCD on the back would make the GoPro bigger/heavier, kill battery life, and maybe end up shattering if actually used for "action" shots. GoPro does make an LCD screen add on if you want.

"fish bowl look" is something that's inherent in cameras with short focal lengths, to an extent. It's actually very beneficial for most purposes that the GoPro is designed for. You can adjust the field of view in the settings though.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
IMO, no need for a built in LCD in the back when you can use the wifi app on your phone to easily frame the shot and change settings.

ohhh i didnt know about that little feature when i had mine.. that would almost make me get one again.

rc0224

Ready to race!
guess i'll get 301 if both of them stick ok to the car, since I asked ealier due to rumor of 301 doesnt stick well
but if thats just rumor, I can get 301 for around $10 cheaper than 301