GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got a DSLR!

kniteshift

Ready to race!

Picked up a Canon t2i. Tested it's video quality, and sound quality. Now, this is the camera out of the box... I never owned a DSLR before, and I didn't really mess around with the focus. Tips appreciated for quality video lens'!

Photos:

Overall, I am impressed and I can't put the thing down.

Last edited:

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion

Stock photos for ye....

CodeB4U

Go Kart Champion
Well looks like video quality sucks but the picture quality is good. Isn't DSLR like super expensive? Why is it the same quality as my $300 sony point and shoot camera. What does a DSLR for anyways?

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
Well looks like video quality sucks but the picture quality is good. Isn't DSLR like super expensive? Why is it the same quality as my $300 sony point and shoot camera. What does a DSLR for anyways?

Digital Single-Lens Reflex Camera.

Most don't come set to optimal settings out of the box.

kniteshift

Ready to race!

Yeah, I adjusted the focus and setting now. It is much sharper than it was earlier.

also these are facebook (standard quality) not high res.

Last edited:

tmiw

Go Kart Champion
Congrats! Re: focusing--I think you can autofocus during video recording, but Canon DSLRs do it really slowly compared to a regular video camera. That's why a lot of videographers using them simply manual focus with the help of a follow focus system.

Also, if you get really serious about videos I'd get at least an external mic, if not a full-fledged audio recorder. :)

kniteshift

Ready to race!
Congrats! Re: focusing--I think you can autofocus during video recording, but Canon DSLRs do it really slowly compared to a regular video camera. That's why a lot of videographers using them simply manual focus with the help of a follow focus system.

Also, if you get really serious about videos I'd get at least an external mic, if not a full-fledged audio recorder. :)

I have a condenser mic with a preamp hooked up to a computer for interview styled videos. I might get a external wireless mic

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Tetsuei

needs m0ar shiny.
50mm 1.8 canon lens for less than $100 is a no brainer.

I've got a series of L lenses for my 7D - huuuuuuuge difference in quality. For a DSLR, most of your picture quality will come from your lens choice - the camera only does so much.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
^^agree, I have the same exact camera and the lens it comes with is OK for most situations but will not give you jaw-dropping photos without serious editing. I'm on the hunt for a decent new lens as well.