GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

got my beater car

ronmexico

Ready to race!
I know these are made to rev, but it just feels so wrong...

Im not sure how many miles the civic has on it, but revving into Vtec with over 120K miles...IDK, seems a bit sketchy.

colslaw87

Ready to race!
I know these are made to rev, but it just feels so wrong...

Im not sure how many miles the civic has on it, but revving into Vtec with over 120K miles...IDK, seems a bit sketchy.
Nothing sketchy about it. As long as its maintained, I had a 1992 Accord with 240,000 miles on it. Took good care of it but was never afraid to run through the gears near redline.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

ronmexico

Ready to race!
Nothing sketchy about it. As long as its maintained, I had a 1992 Accord with 240,000 miles on it. Took good care of it but was never afraid to run through the gears near redline.

When I was a young blood, I was bouncing of the rev limiter every other second on my GSR. Now I feel so bad when I hit 7K...but I guess I shouldnt.

Man, these beaters are not really beaters! These are like an 18 year old kids dream cars!

colslaw87

Ready to race!
Man, these beaters are not really beaters! These are like an 18 year old kids dream cars!

For sure. The last gen Prelude was a serious car back in high school. Everyone that was into cars had some variation on the early 90's Civic or in rare cases Integra's. Considering the Prelude had the H22a***, it was definitely not a beater lol.

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
I think beater in this context is cheap car that I won't obsess over. As long as it fits those criteria...

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
I've had some hondas on my beater wish-list. Prelude or a V6 Accord coupe. I'd also like a Mazda Protoge 5, Ford Focus zx5, something VR6, saabaru 9-2x, the list goes on. So many flavors out there it's hard not to want a beater.

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
ha! Its crossed my mind, but I dont think so. If anything maybe an AEM intake but thats like 250 I could put into the R. I just dont know if I can bring myself to put any money into the car other then keeping it running.

Nice lookin Prelude! You know it would look REALLY awesome with slightly wider wheels and tires. I'm such a good influence, aren't I?

The_Koof1

Ready to race!
That's why I got a soccer mom mobile so I wouldn't sink money into the beater/daily Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0.

ronmexico

Ready to race!
Yeah I really cant be putting money into the lude. I need to keep it running, so thats all the money I want to put into that car.