GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gotdamn....

djmarkian

Passed Driver's Ed
So i just read the new motor trend tonight and damnit so many new hot cars comin out...Im just surprised that the new gt-r is priced well and it has some technological comparisons with the gti, like the one piece turbo manifold and dsg system...I know its not only the gti that has this but damns...now im thinking should i wait for this cars to come out or just get the gti that I want?...

edit: with the new 1 series, m3, s5, gt-r, what else am i missing?...of the is-f, pontiac g8, ok I know im missing some, but look at this line up, who wouldnt be confused...

bz_2.0T

Ready to race!
hey if i could afford the GT-R i wouldnt even think of buying a GTI, but those to cars have a world of difference between them, its like comparing a bicycle to a motor bike

The GT-R is very promising although as much it is a good car, i could chose 5 other cars on top of it in the same category. the main draw back for me is the tranny, for me: no clutch=no fun and i could care less about the tranny being able to shift a 10th of a second than my hand.

cars im looking forward to; C63 AMG, RS6, M3, dodge challenger, Camaro, NSX, porsche Panamera, alpha romeo cooming to NA, evo x, new corvette, jag XF....this will go on forever thats enough for now

rlhitman

Passed Driver's Ed
The GT-R is a completely different price range than the GTI. If you're looking for a great all-around car, in the 20-28k price range... then get the GTI. If you're willing to spend at least twice that, then get a GT-R. Im pretty sure it will cost even more than that... but I can't remember.

WakeHead

WakeHead
1 series $35k min for the 135 $30k for 128
m3 $60k min
s5 $55k min
gt-r $68k min
is-f $50k min
pontiac g8 $30k min for V8

What are you talking about? The only ones even close to the price range of GTI would be the G8 and maybe a BMW 128. The others are nearly 3x the price of a GTI.

G8 will be nice, but different car. Big, 4 door sports sedan. The BMW, will be good, especially the 135, but those will be around $40k when you find one. BMW options are not cheap. In the US, coupe/convertible only. No 4 door, no hatch. Plus, the latest review I saw wasn't too high on its handling. They compared it to the GTI and thought the GTI was a better all around car and deal for the money.

If you've got the cash, go for it with one of those other cars. That GT-R will be unbelievable, but I bet they will either be impossible to get or have at least $10k of dealer markup.

I got an R32. Great AWD handling and performance for under $34k with every option. The 135 may have more hp, but it will be spinning its rear wheels and oversteering through the corners like a b*tch. Watch the TopGear episode between the R32 and the 130. More hp isn't going to help all the problems in that BMW.

PanthersNHL7

Ready to race!
i could of sworn i read that the gt-r was $85k base dont think that compares anywhere near the gti

bcze1

You people make me laugh
You know, I was thinking about buying a new house. I mean I found one for $400k that's pretty sweet. But then the other day I say one that was freaking amazing, had everything I ever dreamed of. Did I mention is was $1.25 million?

My analogy for why the OP was pointless.

ReflexGTI3

Ready to race!
Wow the S5 is one of the nicest cars ive seen in a while.

TheFactor

Go Kart Champion
Decided to delete my post because it was out of text and a little rough around the edges. : )

Last edited: