GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Grrr...I HATE birds.

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
plac said:
aw dude.. i got sapped bad yesterday in the work parking lot.

My hood was full of yellowish-clear-whitish dots. sticky as hell. Then i had dark brown sap too. On my WHITE car.. Good thing 80% of the sap was on my clear bra and not my paint. I spent an hour cleaning and re-waxing.

same exact thing always happens to me..except its in my driveway. im surrounded by trees so once i finish washing and waxing, the next day it always has pollen and sap on it. damn i need to clean out my garage...

tbmx

Passed Driver's Ed
Regarding sap, is there any specific way to remove it? I had a similar experience today at work on my car with tree sap. In future I can make sure not to park near any trees but the intial cleaning might be tough.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Try Meguiars Bug & Tar remover. There's plenty of other reputable brands out there like Mothers, and the autopia.org in-house brand Sonus. If that doesn't work, head to www.autopia.org and ask the experts there...

As for bird bombs and other nasty stuff, I also keep a bottle of Quick Detail spray (the Meguiars regular stuff is decent, cheap and widely available) and a microfibre cloth in the car at all times. :thumbsup:

tbmx

Passed Driver's Ed
I figured Bug and Tar might do it. Is it bad to use that on most of the car? I know its fairly abrasive... I'm dealing with some tiny little spots of sap that got all over the car, including windows.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
if it makes you feel any better - when i was younger, i cracked a bird right in the head with the windshield of my benz. layed that bastard right out doing about 65 on the highway....he just rolled over roof, game over!

VDUBB

Rally Car Newbie
I park in a lot where there are no trees around and I try not to park near them. But they seem to never miss my car when they drop a load, maybe it's the BM paint. And what are these birds eating?? Some kind of adhesive I think. Cause it is a beotch to clean.

galatasaray

Passed Driver's Ed
QD

as far as I see quick detailers doesn't do much. even when I caught them fresh, it leaves some kind of a mark (looking really careful).